Shortened LSD Diff

Burntrubber

This what I've been spending my time on lately. Its a Borg warner diff housing out of a VN berlina I've got discs for it aswell and a LSD center out of a V8 xf falcon. I've shortened it down to fit my Gemini and put all the mounts and shit off the Gemini diff on it just test fitted it today(That was an effort was a interesting night last night) :D Any how fits mint lines up perfect.

allthebits5ka.jpg

axeltube8yp.jpg

diff15kh.jpg

diffinthesun7hg.jpg

back0fr.jpg

flange2jw.jpg

lsd9mb.jpg

front2xp.jpg

So have you figured out what you are going to do about the torque tube / ladder bar problem? You should PM WEST and see if you can go and see his ladder bar setup, might be able to make something up that is the same for much less than what'd cost to get the real thing from Aussie.

Yeah all sorted all I needed was some pics so I could figure out what to do. Going to make it all up myself using rubber or nolathane bushes rather than rose joints. Might put one on each side so it looks better one looks bit silly to me. Just have to find out few more details on what you can and can't do like what grade tube, lenghts and clearances ect then the drive shaft I'll have to find a 1 piece with about 1200mm tube length and mod that to suit. I realy have got caried away I only bought the diff for the disk brakes to start with 8)

• 4 weeks later...

Prety much finished the diff just axels and a tidy up and paint ect, done the drive shaft also lots of dramas but it's all done now. I went with a wierd desine for the top arms just one arm in the center rather than two or a ladder bar type setup. I used a commy two piece drive shaft that worked out cool as once chopped and welded back together.

housing4jt.jpg

This is were the arm mounts in the drive shaft tunnel

mount5zc.jpg

pinionangle9ol.jpg

Commy drive shaft shortened with the Gemini gearbox yoke.

newshaft9gs.jpg

inthecar6zy.jpg

Oh ok not to sure what you mean? The height the center bearing is mounted on the crossmember has been changed from what's in that pic because the pinion angle did'nt match up with the diff at full travel. How long the top arm is judges the rate the diff pivots as it goes up and down and its pretty close the drive shaft and pinion flange stay allmost inline all the way from ride height to on the bump stops. Is that what you mean by worth checking on. :)