Josh's 1972 Ford Capri

Alfadog

Yea thanks, v3k il post up some engine bay shots tomorrow and alfadog, no i dont have electric windows, the windows u gota take off and wind then take off and another half wind to make them work atm, have to sort that sometime, not much of an issue to me tho.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually didn't really like the interior.. lol, I knw I can't talk cos mine isn't so flash apparently. haha

The suede etc is fine.. its the fancy blue triangles that don't agree with me.

how come u didn't have your bonnet up? i thought u had a bling motor now?

Yea the blue triangles are sorta average imo as well, growing on me, i didnt chose the colour scheme, just told them to go at it and they did, still very happy with it though.

I didnt have the boonet up because the motor is not blinged up, just had work done to it, the paint etc and everything is rather crap under there anyway,

pics up of engine as it is now

I chose the colours etc, roughly discussed the patterns etc but they came up with most of it, trusted them from all the the cars ive seen they have done etc.

btw, you gona be selling that 5 speed box etc anytime soon?

lol, when i read your first post i thought the same as rt... you hand them a cheque and say just do what ya want...

does look mint though dude... how about a V8 conversion now... :D:D

• 3 weeks later...

$1500 for a tune? Where ya tune it and what power did ya get out? Actually, what mods did ya do to engine..

Also that pipe that is coming from the brake booster looks likes it needs to be made of a harder type plastic as it seems to be sucked in from the vacum

Hasnt been on dyno yet, will get it done soon. Rocker arm set just a replacment basically, and the head work was done by a friend of RTs i believe, someone whos been doing it for years if I remeber it rightly. Got the ported head off RT, so thats just info he passed onto me.

That pipe coming from the brake booster has been replaced now as well, as in lastest engine pic.

Good effort man. I remember looking at this awhile back but haven't seen the updates untill now. I think I speak for afew people when I say its not what I would call my usual cup of tea but you have managed to put it together from an idea you had and made it work, and look great. Thats what oldschool cars are about I reckon, having an idea and trying to do something a little different.

Aswell as that I like the interior, its good to see a change from the all white look, good to see you got your moneys worth. And.. just to finish off, I'm in love with those carbs! They look so good.

Oh, also just thort I'd mention. I met a dude up here whose building one that actually looks similar to this (but not in a copying way I hope). Its got series 4 rx7 (i think) side skirts and he's making his own IRS setup for it and running a 1UZ Lexus v8. I thort that was pretty cool, but some die hard ford fans might get a little angry that he's cross breeding...