Any know of a lsd that bolts upto ex?

Guest 82EVO

i want an lsd for my ex lancer and a guy in the weekend said he knows of one that bolts strate up but couldnt thnk of it and it wasnt nt a lancer gsr 1? does anyone konw of any? he said it maybe a l200?

cheers

are you talking about a centre or housing???

if you just want a centre (i'm assuming that you've got a non turbo diff housing) then there was one made, i've only ever heard of one though so they are about as rare as it gets. they were EX lancer diff's though so would bolt straight into your housing. the one i heard of sold on trademe quite a few months ago.

for a housing and diff that bolts in you need an EX1800 setup, this comes with rear discs and a good chance of an LSD centre, although some of them do have open centre's. these are around but rare enough that you'll have to pay some decent coin for them ($300-700 seems to be the average price). you can also get the diff housing out of a live axle rwd sigma which may come with drums instead of discs and won't have an LSD centre. the diff is bigger and stronger though and bolts straight into your car. i'm not sure about the driveshaft, i used an Ex1800 gearbox and 2 piece driveshaft with mine. you'll need the handbrake cables as well if you find a disc rear.

L200's won't bolt up, they're leaf suspension so not even close unless you want to swap mounts, i think they'd be too wide too. if you're going to modify a diff hilux would be a better option.

hope that helps

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

hahaha, man this is so gay.Seen so many issues with the EXs and the like and LSDs.

i was going to bye that LSD for the standard EX diff, but the guy was fucken me round.Im sure it was just a l200 one aye.

l200 diffs bolt into the colts etc, i knew a guy with a colt who seid he had done it, but he was a cock so he could have been talking out his ass.

The sigma diff will bolt in as its been seid, but im not sure about the drive shaft either,but this is gonna be my next mod.Was gonna go for the sigma turbo rear but i cant be fucked.The drum are alot bigger on the sigmas, and its still only the rear brakes, they dont do jack.

Does anyone know if the diff housing is the same size in the sigma diffs as the 1800GSRs ? starion LSDs will fit the GSR but have to machine some thing...some bearing i think.Also heard that thge rear LSD from a 4wd libero will fit.

good luck

if you realy really want an lsd then probably the easiest option is to go hilux, sure theres a bit of engineering involved in making it work, but at least it's well documented. Theres is so much heresy about lsd's for ex's (any old mitsti for that matter) that its impossible to know what is for real, and what is just talk..

There are options for fitting just centres into the sigma/ex casing, but they all involve pretty large amounts of custom work, one such option invelved the lsd centre from an lj torana i think....