removing steering wheel??

Guest 82EVO

im taking off th steering wheel in my ex. iv taken off th cover part and undone the nut in the middle but it jus wont budge :evil: .. anyone know any tricks to get it off?

cheers

mine was a bitch to do too, i think they just stick after being there for that long. most mag wheel places have a special tool for doing it, normally i hate paying people to do anything but its worth doing this properly, i damaged my steering column by pulling mine off, now there's a bit of play back and forth and i'll probably need to replace it when i go for my cert.

cheers

Matt

i jus got it off :D all it took was some decent hits with th hammer right round and abit of shimmying around and it came strate off. now iv gota figure why it wont go :?

cheers for th help

haha,yeah the EX wheels sucks ass.Damn i never thought about leaving the nut on, i chipped a tooth once with the cunt of a thing hitting me int he face.It should be easier to get off now if you have to do it again in the future.Mine comes off fine now.There is actually a little tool you can bye thats made to take them off.Thats what those 2 threaded holes are on each side, but fuck tools, they suck!!

They are supposed to be that tight so they don't come loose. If you look at the steering shaft you'll see that the slpine is tapered, that's why it's still tight even after the nut is removed. Don't need a special tool to remove, most pullers and a few bolts can get them off aye. Usually come off easier by hand if you pull up from side to side, rather than even pressure up.