davidians mk2

Guest WESTCORT

Guest WESTCORT

hey bro did you sand your car down by hand? if so what grade paper did you use? a brief how to wud be nice ;) i down mean how to use sand paper but when grit you used where sorta thing sweet

i was gonna bro, cause i did my mk1 all by hand, but that was due to having it in the old's garage at the time and they wouldnt let me use the sander :lol: , so i just dealt to it with the sander to get the bulk off, as in clear coat and top coat and then ive ground/ sanded all the shitty rust off.

next thing im gonna hit it with is finer sandpaper by hand-wet of course, then prime it

but yeah if youve got the patience and you want it to come up mint, do it all by hand, using water as well. i usually wet sand it panel by panel and have a big towel or something next to me to wipe the paint off as i go.

use a rougher grit to start with.. say a 80 or something. it all really depends how rough your panels are to start with ay. the rougher the rougher the grit. if youre sanding mint panells then you start with something finer. then from say 80 you work your way ti finer shit like 120/180.

Guest WESTCORT

thats the plan ive got all the panels i need so ill sand and prime up everything not on the car. Then when my engine is tuned and going good ill take the car off the road for a while and do the rest of the car, then ill either put it back on the road primered until ive got enuf $$$ for my paint or ill just keep it off the road and do it all at once..

the only problem is my bonnet, it looks like its being painted a fair few times then to get rid of the rust i had to take parts back to bare metalnow theres lots of warps in it well thats what it makes it look like, so i mite have to get a bonnet or just spend forever using knifing compound and bog.... not sure, oh and i gota sumhow figure out how to get the rust on my window gutter thingy at the front where the wipers are just surface shit but its gona be a mish..

also theres some surface shit between the main body and the front gaurd to the right of the front gutter that i gota figure out how to get at

Sweet bro, umm could be an idea to keep it off the road while its being primered aye, don't really want it getting wet or anything..

Could just get a new bonnet aye, they're not that hard to come by and would save alot of work haha.

Plus its not really a good idea to do too much bogging on a bonnet, they seem to show up every single imperfection once the paint is on :P

oh and i gota sumhow figure out how to get the rust on my window gutter thingy at the front where the wipers are just surface shit but its gona be a mish..

Do u mean that little grille thing? yea its abit of a bitch aye, mine was covered in surface rust.. really all you can do is just stand there with a bit of sandpaper and get into every little gap until is all cleaned up lol.

And when you paint it, make sure you get a good coat into all the gaps too, otherwise it quickly rusts again.

How many k's have you done on the engine so far?

Guest WESTCORT

yeah i was thinking i was gona have to stand there and sand the grill thingy but was hoping there was some magical easy solution... haha

just ticked over 1000 bro, juts gotta save some money and then i can get it tuned, cant wait

• 1 year later...

it is always nice to see another little ford.

your mk1 looks verrry nice and tidy.

and interesting plate you have there :P

sorry but didn't find a mk1 discussion so i post it here( and this one was hard to find,tho)

btw, are there any pics of this mk2 ?

it is always nice to see another little ford.

your mk1 looks verrry nice and tidy.

and interesting plate you have there :P

sorry but didn't find a mk1 discussion so i post it here( and this one was hard to find,tho)

btw, are there any pics of this mk2 ?

Think it got sold a long time ago, could be wrong though.

• 3 weeks later...
yeah i was thinking i was gona have to stand there and sand the grill thingy but was hoping there was some magical easy solution... haha

just ticked over 1000 bro, juts gotta save some money and then i can get it tuned, cant wait

It does come off. You could always get it blasted, or stripped.