Reverse Gear

Toucan

I have a mint g/box, semi worn clutch, awesome engine. Yesterday: Car works 100% fine. Today: it's like reverse is seized, no amount of clutch or revs would get it into gear, in then end I used brute strenght and it went into place and then worked fine, no funny noises or what have you. Then I'm done with my reversing and go to select first but I'll be dammed it doesn't want to come out of reverse, so I force it out and away I go, all the other gears are fine and can be selected normally, there were no weird noises or anything leading up to this, just literally happened overnight. Could my gearbox have fucked itself overnight? or is it likely to be something like a worn clutch? It's raining so I can't go have a fiddle at this point in time.

Not the clutch.. all the clutch does is disengage the engine with the g/b and it wouldn't matter what gear you are trying to select it is always the same..... and even when it is engaged you can still move thegearstick into allof the gears without to much effort... sounds like something wiwerd happened in your gb....

Guest Demonmk2
I have a mint g/box, semi worn clutch, awesome engine. Yesterday: Car works 100% fine. Today: it's like reverse is seized, no amount of clutch or revs would get it into gear, in then end I used brute strenght and it went into place and then worked fine, no funny noises or what have you. Then I'm done with my reversing and go to select first but I'll be dammed it doesn't want to come out of reverse, so I force it out and away I go, all the other gears are fine and can be selected normally, there were no weird noises or anything leading up to this, just literally happened overnight. Could my gearbox have fucked itself overnight? or is it likely to be something like a worn clutch? It's raining so I can't go have a fiddle at this point in time.

dont be silly u can always fiddle with it in the rain ;) nah man i had similar praoblems but it jsut fixed it self :S

Guest blown4

probably no help at all to u,but i had a mini once and the engine stabiliser mount on thr top of the engine going to the fire wall tore away from the fire wall end which caused the engine to lean back enough so i couldnt select 2nd,4th or reverse.

i used to have to get out and push it backwards out of car parks,man the shit u do when youre younger ay.

just a little story for yoose.thanx 4 your time.

Guest blown4

think thats bad,the same car had standard rims and i couldnt afford mags so i just turned the rims around and it had purple velvet on the dash and i cut the exhaust off to make it go faster....oh and i painted an iron maiden album cover on the bonnet....cool as ay bro(lol)

oh,not maori but i do believe abbos in there somewhere,my mum says shes had abbo in her at some stage!!

Well no shit, It's THAT hard that I could swear somebody has welded a forcefield around my reverse, It can go in, but its gear stick snapping stuff I tell you so I'm not all that keen on doing it. Any other ideas???

well i guess ur gonna have to pull the box out and fix it aye , no other way around it , yea sounds like the selector ball things what they do is when a gear is selected the ball pops into a hole between the selector lever and the gateway , this move some thingie mahjig into place the stop the other gear being engaged (imagine going itno 5th and 1st at the same time ......bang lol , anyhow the only i know of fixing it is taking it out and doing it manually