Alfadog's '73 GT-R Replica

kyteler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
Mean front bumper, but whats the deal with the jap plates on the front.

:D That's just me having a play around. Was given the plate by a good friend I met up with overseas, and wanted to take a pic with it on to show him. Here in Queensland they have this new style of personalised plate called the "Euro" plate. Looks a bit like a European Union plate. With all the imports and the very strong Japanese-car scene here I would have thought a Japanese style plate would be very feasible. Interestingly, there are Japanese numberplates that are all in english. These are for cars that leave the country and need temporary registration in another country. My friend told me this and showed me pictures. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Thankyou for your comments, it means a lot to me :)

euro8.jpg

Ken & Mary where the marketing strategy for the C110 range, it was a series of TV advertisements etc that involved a young couple enjoying life and love in their Skyline. The ads etc were quite popular in Japan and it's where the C110 get's it's Kenmeri nickname. As opposed to the Hakosuka which is given to the C10 due to it's appearance. I'm sure Lachlan can/will expand on both variants. ;)

" Ai nooooooo Skyriiiiiinnnnnneeeeee "

Yeah what Michael said. They had a theme song too. Oddly, the actors playing Ken and Mary changed in almost every ad. Ken moreso! Actually the first Ken & Mary ad was for the Hakosuka in 1972. But it really took off with the C110 for some reason. At that time I guess a lot of young Japanese men and women related. The ads were always very artistic and slow - not trying to portray the car as a sports car, but rather a enjoyment car for living with - for love.

07.jpg

ken-mery-4-11.jpgken-mery-2-51.jpgk281.jpg

BTW Michael/anyone, Alan gave me the theme song (2 versions - the original and a KARAOKE version) on cassette tape. Do you know of any decent way to capture the song onto computer without losing too much quality? Then I could send itto you to listen to while driving :) :) :)

i actually prefer the 4 doors when done right, you're not looking at the right pictures though:

oldskyline125pl.th.jpg

oldskyline146gk.th.jpg

oldskyline166ke.th.jpg

saw one in Cairns when i was there this year, little bit rusty, looked like somebody's family car. would be a nice car to bring over, could probably pick one up fairly cheap.

cheers

Matt