1600 head on 2ltr

Defcon

a series of questions for the imformed. Its getting increasly likley that the head on the g200 will need a bit of work to get it back in working order, but the only way il know is by taking it off, and the only way of taking it off is by drilling out 2 of the head bolts, which are unavailable in nz . So screw it, im cheap and lazy, i just chuck the 1600 head and on reap the benfits(and problems) of higher compression, not to mention the bigger valves in the 1600 head. Any who, in order to cope with the higher comp, somewhere around 10.6:1, the dizzy needs to be re-curved(so im told),

• [*:3pfggjny]Some one wana fill me in to ruffly what this means and whats invulved?
    Gota retension on the 2ltr timing chain, so the question is,
    [*:3pfggjny]How do i un bolt the crank pully from the crank, engine is out of the car

Finally, any of you forsee any other problems or suggestions ( a bigger radiator may be needed...ect) i know its hard wiht out knowing the g series engines, so any ideas appreciated.

will chuck the g200 cam in it.

Def'

umm the crank pulley can be unbloted by jamming the flywheel somehow , if the motor is apart use a peice of WOOD under the cracnkshaft to jam it, then try not to destroy the pulley when bashing it out

An old trick I use on the pinto is to get a spare valve (old one that your can wreck) and I slot that through on of the bell housing holes. Then using a thick heavy screw driver against the valve stem and into the flywheel teeth you can hold it steady while a mate uses a powerbar & socket on the crank pulley.

-I use a valve because they're fuckin strong, fit nicely in the holes and the valve head holds it in place nicely. If you don't have a valve then settle for another thick strong screwdriver.