Secondaries

lowlancer

Lowlancer, the carb has mechanical secondarys so u dont ned to worry bout screwing with the vacume. When you get it, turn it up side down and twist the throttle level, you'll see the small throat open and then about half way thru the twist the larger throat will open and you'l see why!

this is why real men drive carbs! non of that efi witch craft! :P

Def'

Lowlancer, the carb has mechanical secondarys so u dont ned to worry bout screwing with the vacume. When you get it, turn it up side down and twist the throttle level, you'll see the small throat open and then about half way thru the twist the larger throat will open and you'l see why!

Def'

efi pwns your face. True story

Def'

witch craft? shit, I'd say getting twin sidey's to work smoothly in unison is more witchcraft then pressing a few buttons on a computer.

Guest dreadedretard

RT's gotta point. Carbs are a cunt to tune even a fuckin single 1/2 standard one on my mini. Id rather ac omputer set up and have some hardout dude type random shit into a laptop and have it working phat as a mother fucker. 8)

it's not random shit man it's peice of piss, you plug in your controller, select a zone that you want and up and down buttons add or subtract fuel, timing, temp fans, cold start, idle, everything.. even your shift light.. :shock:

i likie one as much as the other its just mean having a carby when u put ur foot down (well not to the floor that sounds gay) but yea and u can hear them sucking thats mean and the backfires and key bangers haha, but then again efi is a more exact science and id rather work on a efi car becuase the bloody motor can usually tell u whats wrong!!!! now that cool :) , so i like both efi for turbs and carby for sytle lol , and yea with vacuum carbies the usually have a weight on the esecond carb and when the engine gets to a certain speed the vacuum in the inlet manfold is enough to lift the second throat open ....enter the lil datto 1200 motor , most webers are mechanical i think e.g 28/36 and 32/36 etc etc

EFI is better anything computer controlled is but I have a mate who races in a RWD corrolla with an 18R twin solex's he never has to tune it, his dad has a RWD levin with 150hp at the wheels 4age with twin webbers same thing never tunes the carbs fucks with the advance and shit every so often though. Once balanced correctly twin carbs are great in my opinion the sucking sound from a set of 45s is allmost sexual