GT celica front splitters and ideas on rebuilding Ra23

Ganjasaur

Ok so who has a genuine or replica GT front lip for there celica?

I am keen to get a a plug made if someone will supply something to work with.

Ok new house now. So that means i got a new shed :D YAY no more carport mechanics.

So the projects commences again for the 2nd time. This time hopefully without hickups......(or just little ones)

With the engine out and getting tickled up at the local engine reconditioner. Now I am stuck wondering Original or Tastefull Custom interior. Any ideas or comments about staying stock or going custom with a old school car?

Should I get side mirrors or stay with them shaved off. Anyone go pics of there celicas side mirrors? What kind do you have original or off other cars?

here is a pic

blue_76_celica2.sized.jpg

well enough talking.....time to start stripping this car

Im wantin 2x replica spoilers ive heard there availible overseas.

Nice body I recomend wing mirrors as the panel safety of knowin where other cars are than the posible extra looks u could get

If you have to referbish the int its easyer/cheeper to go custom

I recommend mirrors on the guards. Just about all Jap cars from the 70s suit them.

Its what Im doing with my car

nah, fit xb falcon mirrors to the doors. they are probably the nicest of all oldschool factory mirrirs.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 791615.htm

9642390_full.jpg

9618537_full.jpg

A common practice, but to be honest I think they look fucken stupid on most other cars, you can just never really get the angle quite right and on a Japanese car from the 70's they're just too big, many Aus Z cars seem to have copped the Falcon mirrors, not a good look. Some tasteful bullet style chrome ones would go down alright, you could place them where-ever you wanted, door or fender, but my preference is fender mirrors, I got some for my C110 and my 910 already had some, (which are electric, AND WORK! :lol: )

In regards to interior modifications, if it was me, I would stay pretty close to factory, only changing what is necessary if you can't find NOS etc. Remember, they did make sports seats etc. back in the 70's so some period race seats would also look damn good and suit the car.

yep id go with some nice chrome bullet ones but I dont really think they would suit the rest of the car on the fenders :wink:

In saying that they look cool on Kytelers car but hes got that whole jdm style thing going on :)

Just wait til I find myself a front mount oil cooler :twisted::twisted::twisted:

at the moment the recaro reclinables (ex evo 1 or 2) suit me fine.

I was talking more about custom dash and door skins.

I like the falcon mirrors and the chrome tear drop ones are nice too. But it still looks nice without so hmmmmmmmmm time will tell.

Whatever kyteler, you mean wait till you get the RB26DETT :twisted:

Wel, there's that, but from the outside you won't know it's got one of those in it, and being most people will only get to see the back of it, maybe I shoulldn't bother with a front mount oil cooler :D