The Chrysler

Guest tom_lynskey

Guest tom_lynskey

Hey gents, and ladies, I got a friend with a 1980 Chrysler Avenger and i need me a few questions answered. Does anyone know an LSD that will fit pretty much straight in, or should he just weld the bitch up, secondly, has anyone put those roll on tints from repco and shit on and have them come up lookin good? or are they ratshit...lastly he wants to know a 5spd man. gearbox that might bolt straight in, being that its currently a smelly 4spd man. cheers :D

Yes i have put those tints on many times... and you can get it too look good with a bit of prcatice. Soapy water and something to sqeugy it i use credit cards wrapped in paper towels... tuck the bottem under the seal on the top of the door otherwise it can peel up when you wind it down.

yeah I'm a tint fan.. it takes a while to get good, so don't be discouraged if your first attempt comes out like shit. I recommend removing the windows for first timers.

Soapy water in a spray bottle, a razor blade and a credit card or similar and one of those window wipers they use at petrol stations is useful.

After cleaning the window hardcore, cover it in heaps of soapy water, cut some tint oversized to fit the window, use two bits of sticky tape on the corners of the peice of tint to peal off the backing, get a mate to help you hold it steady without sticking to itself, place on window. now spray the tint again with soapy water this will stop it from scratching as you use the wiper to pull the water out of the tint. Get most of it out and then cut carefully around the edge leaving a gap of 3mm or so. Now when you pull out the air bubbles it should stick tight around the edges.