plugs and leads

Guest kornstar

Guest kornstar

is there a top type of spark plugs and leads that will help in any way, or are they all prettymuch doing the samething at the end of the day and it really dont matter what brand/type you have?

Splitfires are a joke...waste of time.

Just NGK and silicon leads will be as good as any...coils are a different story however.

Don't ever buy anything lucas, and don't by those red GT Bosh coils either they SUCK! I did a spark test with one vs a Blaster and wow the difference was HUGE.

Splitfires are a joke...waste of time.

Just NGK and silicon leads will be as good as any...coils are a different story however.

What he said..

an MSD Blaster or Mallory is a decent but not overly expensive upgrade keeping in mind there's different coils for electronic or points based ignitions.

LOL at iridium or multi-electrode spark plugs. How the hell can that give you a fatter spark??? The spark is always going to travel the shortest route to a ground, so it's highly likely that the distance to one electrode will always be shorter! Hence a smaller spark.

Buy normal copper NGK's and be done with it.

With coils as well, on an internally standard engine, I wouldn't bother putting a fancy one on, the engine is not really going to benefit in any way. I'd be inclined just to stick with a new set of plugs, leads, rotor, dizzy cap and a check of the coil to make sure it's doing it's thing, and be done with it.

Always heard nothing but good things about the GT40 bosch coils as well....