flares

Hemi

hey guys i got a set of fibreglass flare for $50 and was wonderin how the hell u put them on ..is it just a bit of drillin grinding off the gaurds then bolting on painting etc of is there more to it then that..any help appreciated

cheers

if your origanal guards rub then flare them out with a hammer or somin of the likes, then just bolt them on, you dont really want to cut your guards out cuase it leaves a sharp edge that will cut into your tyres pretty quick, hope that sorta helps :D

i dont think so they bring the gaurd out about 1-2 " not much but enught to stop the rubbing ...i was gonna grind them off and then bend them slightly out to stop that???.....iunno this is y im asking lol i dont really wanna bend out the gaurd because it might crack the paint

it will be covered by the flare tho, dont bolt it on at the edge of the guard bolt it on over the origanal metal flared bit on the car, looks better and will cover any damage to the paint :D

my flares were stolen off my car the other day too, so if you like i can post a pic of what my actauly guards look like if you want?

yea any pics/tips much appreciated ....also i was looking at my gaurds and tires today and realised they are also rubbing on the inside of the thing ...like at the back by the pedals...tat area ...im guessn the only way to fix this is by getting lower profile tires?

MAAAAAAN that looks soo nice ...hrmm thanks for the help but my flares are like just little one that just bring the gaurd out a bit and i stuffed one of the gaurds even more in the weekend (esky + farm paddock = stuffed gaurd) anyhow so i drill the flares ...drill the gaurd and rivet or bolt them on???....also would it look better withoutmoulding it to the body or doing that??....i as thinking painting the flare then getting polished allen head bolts and just leaving as is ...

Guest WESTCORT

I love the black you painted your mk1 and that rs2000 there dave, real sexy. Ill be painting my mk1 black when i get it but will probly be a poor mans house paint job :( what did you pay in sterling or otherwise to get ur mk1 painted? unless ur a diy man and did it urself