kpr's kp60

kpr

so, you need a bigger exhaust, but have no clearance and dont give a shit what it looks like.

slice it down the middle and add in 25mm.

Pic_0010rex.jpg

plan is to run 2.5" collector. then dump it into the above abortion so i thinks the exhaust system has ended. will try a few different collector lengths see if anything happens

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

tidy up engine bay and get it going again, is the plan for now.
almost finished new quad throttle manifold. will get more pics up once its finished
102_0124.jpg

this should probably go here also. this was the goodbye drive, day before it was pulled apart!

heres the mods to the blacktop throttles

couldn't machine them out much further, as getting pretty thin in a few place

not that the dimples haven any effect as the gasket sits on outside of the insert

102_0114.jpg

on manifold

102_0119.jpg

old trumpets on. bit short, but will be changed after once its running.

102_0140.jpg

picking it should be awesomely loud

• 3 weeks later...

been hopeless at actually finishing stuff lately. half baked atempts:

low mount alt

102_0158.jpg

still gotta do top adjuster mount. also inspired by UJ, im hole sawing the shit out of everything, diet time. alternator is smaller / lighter than normal 4age one also

102_0153.jpg

got these off Walker.NZ few weeks back. wish there were 4!

102_0121.jpg

mexican poke on the back

102_0160.jpg

• 1 month later...

got this head for cheap. looks like someone threw a fist full of rocks in the engine :o

got engine guy to peel out the valve seats a bit.

102_01531.jpg

trimed nasty bits down

102_01571.jpg

tried not to take too much out as want compression upp

102_01701.jpg

102_01721.jpg

have started on the inlet ports, was planing to just nicely blend the port into the seats. but hes cut into the head too much. so im having to get a bit more aggressive, to get the long turn into a nice shape. not sure if it will work out anygood. short turn and exhaust side should work ok, wont throw it in the bin just yet!

• 5 weeks later...

thanks to 4AG_Addict i have a full set of these now. plus some spares. they have had a few trips round the country!

photo0015s.jpg

acquired some rn25 axles awhile back. plan is to shorten diff more, so rear takes similar fitment to the front. run 14x7 -2 all round. from memory this diff case has a little tow out so will correct that & maybe camber mod it also. thinking of trying a panhard rod on the factory triangulated 4 link setup as well. shouldn't run into binding issues, since as piss all suspension movement.

other than that, i have been super lazy

every time i do panel work, i say never again. but it always happens again.

removed all the unneeded brackets and holes. stripped back 95% of it to bare metal.

102_0104bay.jpg

poor thing has had a hard life, firewall has been beaten up over the years. (i don't remember wielding a sledgehammer in there, probably a previous owner!) body was coming away from the chassis rails between the spot welds. so hit it with the tig between each spot, also added small gussets between rails and firewall, where theres usually a big hole filled with sealer crap on these cars. i'd like to forget what else as it was boring as fuck.

102_0152bay.jpg

gotta get the bro here to hit it with some paint, then can get onto something more interesting.

edit: kinda boring update, so here a pic of last time i drove it. to keep me motivated

17.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

got head back. shitty phone pics as camera been hijacked. backs of valves have been reshaped etc, for more flow. .5mm skim to bump up compression. standard cams for now. but has toda valve springs, for ease of install later.

photo0047s.jpg

bottom end rescued from trueno. this thing has been n/a, supercharged,turbo and spun up to 9000. back in it goes for more abuse

photo0068s.jpg

recycle .8mm trd gasket. works out around 13:1 compression ratio. was too lazy to cc the head to find out exactly

photo0072s.jpg

got engine sitting in place. shouldnt have to remove again i hope.

welded up my extractors, as had to cut them off at the flange and mod for bigger port size. need to use a blacktop 20v gasket, as the 16v gasket is too small.

think i need to eat more pies to counter balance how far engine is mounted to passenger side.

photo0120s.jpg

now heaps of little annoying stuff. new water lines, wiring, brake lines etc..