Calling all Imp'ers

LOW IMP

Hi guys Im new to the forum, Im from the shakey city.

Im looking for any Hillman Imp'ers out there, I know theres a few on the roads around this city and Id love to hear from you.

Ive seen plenty around, some with young drivers so maybe, just maybe your on here or you know someone that does own one.

Ive got a 67 Chamois coupe that only comes out in summer so not seen too regularly on the roads.

Ken

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, as i said in the other thread I know a few people with them. My boss has a Mk1 no spec model in real good nick (white) and a $161 trade me special Mk 2 we got back on the road for not much and is a bit of a hack (blue). One of our customers retores them and sells them to museums. Might try and post some pics when I get time.

Here is one: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17940&start=240 Halfway down page, also has the 930cc big block

Just had a Sunbeam show up this morning, a young guy is slowly doing it up, for steering gaitor boot so sure to be fun.

Ah yes, old Tony, I knew quite well many years back. Visited his body shops many times. I moved to Chch 11 years ago so havent really seen much of him since, or the guys that hang out there playing on the Imps. He certainly held a LOT of old parts, I wish Id kept all mine. Im sure hes had more than 7, Ive had over 20 of the buggers including 3 vans, and 3 coupes (fastbacks). I still have 1 of each.

And I wouldn't have sold it to him haha.

I'm sure Bob will be interested in seeing one of his old Coupes again, he is currently doing a Hillman Imp that we started on but got too busy to finish. A 1 owner Chch new rego on hold find, as usual it seems with Imps around 70000miles head gasket blown left in shed example.

In my opinion, Brian Bradshaw closed his business because he lost all his customers due to his poor craftmanship of his engines, his lies and stories and most importantly his ripping off of customers. Its belived he has left the country leaving a lot of people in the learch owing many people parts and money. I my self and I know many others that will never deal with him again. Note, this is all my opinion based on what I have heard from MANY fellow imp'ers.

In my opinion, Brian Bradshaw closed his business because he lost all his customers due to his poor craftmanship of his engines, his lies and stories and most importantly his ripping off of customers. Its belived he has left the country leaving a lot of people in the learch owing many people parts and money. I my self and I know many others that will never deal with him again. Note, this is all my opinion based on what I have heard from MANY fellow imp'ers.

Crikey Ken, i thought you and him got on, and i was the one with the bias??

i must say i was amused when he clearly remembered finding Nettie's Sport, but quicky suffered from amnesia when i asked if he knew what happened to the original Sport engine (considering i got the Sport carbs/manifold with the car!!). a guy in Dunedin who i bought a spare engine/box off, never got the motor he was getting Brian to build for him.