CHCH - Need Oscilloscope and someone who can operate it to help diagnosis issue

I need someone with an Oscilloscope and who knows how to use it to come round and help me diagnosis a speed sensor cutting out at 5000hz (120km/hr+) (according to the Link ECU).

It's in a racecar so I can't drive it on the road, however I can recreate the issue on the jack stands, and I have a DTM connector (and know the pinout) in the engine bay to the sensor so will be relatively easy to intercept the signal?

It's a Honda s2000 AP1 gearbox, and a Link G4X Xtreme X which has been double checked by link (capable of 10,000hz)

I also have a spare speed sensor that can be bench tested if required.

I can only do this during the day either during the week (I work from home most days) or weekends as the car is to noisy for the kids/neighbors...

I'm located in Prebbleton and happy to pay for your time.

2 hours ago, h4nd said:

PM me, I may have time Wedns, or maybe loan you a scope and show you the "Auto" button.

Hall effect? Can you jig a wheel/cog into a drill /vice?

Yep Hall effect, it's positioned directly against one of the gears (nothing special I can see on the gear)

I don't know the size of the gear it's against, so not sure how accurate it would be replicating it, I could 3d print something, but I assume you have to put some metal in it for it to work.

I think it needs to be fairly high rpm to recreate the issue, I think outside the range of most drills/lathes.

Have PM'ed you :)

43 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I also have a small scope that would happily see that, won't be until next weekend that I would be free though.

Thanks I'm in no rush so If h4nd and I can't work something out will give you a bell.

Do you have many other high speed inputs on the link? I think I read that that while they can read up to 10khz, if you have have a few high speed inputs, the max frequency each input can process drops.

Could have my wires crossed, I was doing some research into which ecu to run and read it somewhere. Was to do with people trying to run all 4 abs sensors to digital inputs and maxing out the processing ability of the ecu

16 hours ago, fletch said:

Do you have many other high speed inputs on the link? I think I read that that while they can read up to 10khz, if you have have a few high speed inputs, the max frequency each input can process drops.

Could have my wires crossed, I was doing some research into which ecu to run and read it somewhere. Was to do with people trying to run all 4 abs sensors to digital inputs and maxing out the processing ability of the ecu

Just Crank and Intake/Exhaust Cams.

From what I have read on their forums what they advertise takes that into account, so you can actually go higher then stated normally as your not maxing them all out.

Often people put a divider on the honda speed sensor, but the latest Link ECU's should be capable of handling it (and they do a plugin version now)