Jusepys 85 honda

Jusepy82

Hey guys and girls.

I have two honda ATC's, ones a 84 200es which is up and running. The other is a 85 250es which I have had to do minor repairs and also repair the frame down by the foot pegs as it is completely rotton

I fell in love with the trikes and have become slightly addicted to them.

Here is a pic of the 84 200es 

I want to get the 250 up and running then I can pull the 200 to bits and clean it up .

20230721_154529.jpg

• Like 2

Heres the 250 with the donk out and spare motor awaiting attention. The kick start one way bearing is toast in the motor that was fitted and also has a bad oil leak. 

I picked up a whole lot of parts and another engine for a 100 bones , pretty stoked until I found the sump bung was welded on the motor I brought 

Oh well see what happens....

20230721_174245.jpg

20230721_174309.jpg

• 2 months later...

an update without pics, may take some tommorow. 

Today my engineer friend and I welded up the 250's frame . He did a mint job and Im super happy with it. 

He welded in "plugs" inside the frame itself so the frame is stronger than its ever been.

He also welded in 3mm plates at the bottom of the frame as sacrificial plates so they will wear instead of the repaired area of the frame.

Like I said , Im super happy with the result !

Next on the list to do is sort out the rusted in swing arm bolt , I think Im going to have to gas axe it out as its super rusted in and the allan key head is fucked.

Then after that , paint strip the frame and prime and repaint.

• Like 1

Annnnd I removed the paint with a wire brush and a grinder. After getting a piece of steel wire stuck in my nose.... I decided to use paint stripper to as it could get in all the tight areas.

Funny thing , when I went inside holding my nose with a rag , as I didnt know how bad I was bleeding. My wife instead of asking "are you ok" , said , what have you done now? Bloody woman. Haha

• Haha 1