Leone’s 1979 Subaru Leone wagon discussion

Leone

EZ30R with boost aint that reliable in factory form the rods are tiny, mate had one about 250-260kw atw and bent a rod ended up building a built bottom end,

Another mates got a 500kw one might be a bit much for a leone though :-)

Even in N/A form though they sound epic and can get not bad kw atw with an exhaust and headers and a ecu especially in a small car like that, and in n/a reliable as!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MRWEST said:

EZ30R with boost aint that reliable in factory form the rods are tiny, mate had one about 250-260kw atw and bent a rod ended up building a built bottom end,

Even in N/A form though they sound epic and can get not bad kw atw with an exhaust and headers and a ecu especially in a small car like that, and in n/a reliable as!

+1 for the na, it will be heaps in this thing and sound rad

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MRWEST said:

Dunno if I could handle a non turbo tho lol.

it wasn’t an option tbh as I assumed it would be too big for the engine bay but I might measure one up anyways

I like the sounds of this build :) 

Ive got 3 EZ30's (03-07 2nd gen / plastic intake) all still in cars im wrecking, from good runner 177k to one with with blown headgaskets. If you need to measure up, see whats needed / take the whole lot on a subframe just let me know (I nomally drop them out with the subframe / suspension still on them). I could let you know when the next one is out.

Also have an EZ36 from a 2010 BR Outback (blown headgaskets) but in my opinion not alot extra hp / talks for the extra cubes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brocky41 said:

I like the sounds of this build :) 

Ive got 3 EZ30's (03-07 2nd gen / plastic intake) all still in cars im wrecking, from good runner 177k to one with with blown headgaskets. If you need to measure up, see whats needed / take the whole lot on a subframe just let me know (I nomally drop them out with the subframe / suspension still on them). I could let you know when the next one is out.

Also have an EZ36 from a 2010 BR Outback (blown headgaskets) but in my opinion not alot extra hp / talks for the extra cubes.

Hey mate i think i have "saved" a post on FB marketplace... ill flick you a PM somewhere along the way. It would be great if i could come see ya for a sharn and to measure up etc, IF i do go down this road i basically want a whole car (both subframes, motor, box, driveshaft, diff, all hubs, handbrake +cables and loom 

<<suddenly realises how easy a low power carbed 13B BP conversion would be>>

10 hours ago, shizzl said:

Go all the way and run triple IDA’s on a ez30, 6 trumpets out the bonnet on a custom manifold.. haha just to be different 

not sure enough power, maybe a supercharged carb setup....  ruins the sleeper look tho.... be a bit of a giveaway :P  haha

altho a carb setup sorts a lot of a the loom issues and would sound pretty damn good.