Cars required for film - Wellington

bmxnz11

A friend works for a production crew and organises vehicles for films. He's currently on the look out for some original 80s vehicles for a 1990s film based in britain, filmed in the wellington area. British ideal but they can have the odd Honda or mitsi. Looking to rent some for a couple days. I'm unsure of the exact date or reimbursement but if your interested, let me know and I'll pass on the details.

Cheers

• Like 1

UK vehicle sales weren't completely dominated by British made cars in the 80's/90's, so lots of opportunity for a real mix.

all about cars: UK Car Sales By Brand : 1980-84 (raycee1234.blogspot.com)

all about cars: UK Car Sales By Brand : 1985-89 (raycee1234.blogspot.com)

all about cars: UK Car Sales By Brand : 1990-94 (raycee1234.blogspot.com)

Looks like they'll want a good number of Ford UK, Vauxhall, and Leyland / BMC / Rover vehicles in the main.

I have a Peugeot 205 in the shed - they were a best seller in the UK late 80's / early 90's so were ubiquitous on the road in the 90's. It needs some TLC (which is planned for early in the new year) though... Depending on filming dates and my progress to get it back on the road this could be an option. I know a couple of (non-OS) people in Welly with potentially suitable vehicles, so if you could get some indicative dates I'll pass on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...