Hoods 1977 Lilliput Gazelle

hood

• 2 weeks later...

I had some time during the last week of the xmas break to give the underside a tidy up.

I dragged it into my works workshop and lifted it up on the hoist for ergonomic reasons, no way I can fit under this at home haha. Its factory C notched!

I wire brushed the rails and hit with Brunox and sealed it with quick dry black. Came up reasonably well.

While it was in the air I noticed I broke the leaf slipper off at some point? haha So I've got some hot glue gun work to do before it's next outing.

20230104_113905.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I made up a new slipper thing out of scrap RHS and had a bolt inserted (not pictured) then a local mate came round and zapped it in for me.

Wheels back on, and the van is back on the ground.

I also purchased some quality non abrasive white wall cleaner whilst I was at Kumeu the other weekend.

I love cruising this thing on the new Hamilton/Auckland expressway, handles like a dream!

20230204_102257.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nothing to report from the van, but a quick mod on the tow wagon.

I had these LED work lights hooked up (thanks Lance @ Autowire) to assist when you're fucking around with the hitch at camp grounds at night, and generally speaking....

They've also doubled as an anti tailgate warning to the unassuming as I've discovered haha. I've had them hooked up to a toggle switch, didn't plan this lol 

Other wise, I've been using the van over the summer break which has been enjoyably. It's nice to hook up, hit the road and park up where ever. 

Screenshot_20240103_063815_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240103_063848_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2