• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Replied to:

BlownCorona

Hey mate. 
i did sort the steering centering by winding in some more caster (mine was set at 0 degrees) that said id be keen to see your alignment numbers. 

As for the overheating, I've not done too much on that front while ive been trying to buy a house and all my stuff is in storage. i pulled the waterpump hoping to find missing fins, it was rough but not too bad but it could have been causing cavitation so ill still replace it. the radiator was not blocked either.  
my assumption was that the heater bypass which runs very high nearly above the valve cover was struggling with air bubbles and ill reroute it lower and with a bleed point. your experience worries me to a degree though. i may look to get a larger radiator for it. 

DaleRous:

I actually put a new water pump in when I did the radiator but still no joy. The first track day it overheated, I noticed the belt was chewed up, a bit melted so had obviously been slipping at the high revs. It was 1mm under width. I had hoped that was the problem but I changed the belt and did another track day. This time it only managed 2 half sessions before there was overheating. I'll track down the aligment specs for you and post.

I've also just bought a shroud for the pull through fan (not tried yet though) and will likely reinstall the heater core as another rad. Wish I went for the 3 core civic rad. I'll report back once I've got this thing rebuilt and on track again to test it. 

BlownCorona, another question for you if you don't mind? My steering column has a ton of play at the top (I've had the rack rebuilt so I know that's good). Did you figure out what bearing you need to replace? It sounded as though you had the same issue. Thanks.

yes its just the standard bearing, also used on kingswood from memory. 

costs a bloody fortune from rare spares and is still an incredibly shitty looking bearing, so i intend on machining up a bush from something nice. 

https://www.rarespares.net.au/rsnz/buy/7800269/bearing-steering-column-upper-hk-ht-hg-hq-hj-hx-hz
i think its that part but please dont quote me on it. i took one look at the price and construction and dismissed it as an option.

• Like 1