666DAN's saving a doomed R31 Skyline.

666DAN

• 2 weeks later...

Spent Friday evening lowering the rear with R33 skyline front struts using the R31 tophats, the result was disappointing as it only came down about an inch. As it turns out you need lowering springs or an angle grinder to get the desired result, need to pull it apart again anyway cos the LHS shock is buggered.

Chucked a new knob on and changed the steering wheel to a larger diameter OMP one

iev0edkz.q4g.jpg
zod0hq40.h2d.jpg

Then today I did some maintenance, adjusted drive belts etc. Pulled the IAC valve off to give it a clean and found a perished coolant hose with a nicely hidden pin prick hole leaking coolant, quick trip to Repco cos I had nothing at home that would work and she was good to go again.

yfbcgjyc.cq1.jpg

So over Labour weekend I will rip the front struts out and replace the springs/massage them with the angle grinder, The rear suspension will come out again to lose a couple of coils and hopefully I will have found a replacement shock by then too.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...