Mr.Mk1

Mr.Mk1s Datsun 1200 B110

Recommended Posts

Still bogging and sanding.

Fellow member nick_m messaged me to say he still had some boxes of shit from his old race car, bring beer and depart with shit.

So I did,and I'm glad I did.

This was the best box, lots of things in much much better shape than mine, or certainly required. Especially the headlight surrounds since changing grille. 

c257E8p.jpg

Also some screens, a front valence that's not full of bog, 7 tail light assemblies. And found a box of good quality unopened 2k etch and primer kits which I need to pay for in the future, I'll use on Escort.

DATSUN stainless plate surrounds cunt!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pictures of half sanded bog and piles of dust aren't interesting, these are slightly moreso.

uo1H7ir.jpg

Got this decent valence with my goodies a week ago, it had a few small knocks but was vastly better than my other one, and sat much more pert on the car.

U2ekfuB.jpg

It was paint stripped and left as-is years ago, so I hit it with the stripping wheel and etched it, between coats I undersealed the front guards with the last of the hippo-liner, more to add some strength to the mega fucking thin guards that move when sanded.

Cheerio

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I finished the main bogging and sealed her up.

Photos on this side are a bit ham cause it's a lot darker.

aB5VclC.jpg

Dz4vJ2E.jpg

ozt4fLl.jpg

5s9yv6R.jpg

fR3mhcS.jpglDvxc49.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The roof is also pretty fair, have given it a couple of filler primes and blocked back, and spot bogged pinholes.  From what it was its night and day but don't try stick a magnet to the middle. I'll have to revisit some spots now I can see it in one colour, especially the stupid swage down the middle, pull all the doors off and sand inside, fix the series of elbow looking dents in the inner of drivers door.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today didn't really fire like I'd hoped, spent ages with the Knick putty and sanding wee spots, re-did the bottom of drivers front guard and primed it all, carbonded the gutters and the boot and bonnet webs-to-skins (great product), bogged and sanded the upper inner of doors, finished the nose of the bonnet and some repairs on the scuttle vents.

Moving forward is still acceptable no matter how fast :wink:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.

I though it was odd I hadn't seen my door rubbers and wee bump stops I ordered Last Friday so rang them, turns out they have none in stock but didn't tell me this. Are sending a sample to try and if it fits then I'll get that stuff instead. Really hoped to have it to glue on while doors were off.

Tonight after work I masked, sanded and sprayed the pillars and door frames satin black. Came up decent, used the leftover paint form the pontiac..slight issue when I popped the tin open and half had gone to jelly. Thinned it a bit and strained out the chunks, got away with that one lol.

Also put towbar on but made a rubber gasket between it and body so no chaff and the bumper goes over the top to hide most of it. I'll have to shorten the bumper brackets the amount of the thickness of the towbar brace as it sits bumper back moreso and the bumper side mounts don't reach

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.