Invers, someone want to look at a go kart?

a.craw4d

Anyone in Invercargill want to go have a nosie at a go kart?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1227116811

I keep coming back to it on trademe so googled gsx400 as I know sfa about karts and motorbikes, Seems to be a heap of power for a kart so I think I like it lol.

If someone's bored and feels like doing something then by all means go have a poke around and maybe even take it for a skid.

I'm interested to know their bottom dollar as it needs some work with the gearing and wheels rubbing.  I'd also like to convert it to a two seater so don't want to pay any more than I have to if I'm going to cut it up and rework a heap of it.

Thanks,

Adrian.

Just like looking at a car I guess? Runs, things seem to work, goes hard for what it is.  I'm guessing by the fact it needs a push to get moving it's either A: geared too high and you'd never get past 2nd gear or B: completely gutless and needs work that I don't know how to do and probably couldn't be bothered anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still keen on this if someone could have a look.

It seems to be too high in the gearing and might need an intermediate shaft and sprockets to fix it.

Would like to know if its starts and runs well and everything seems to work. Also how much of a push start it needs, ie  a gentle walking push or a 5 man bobsled sprint.

Thanks anyone.

would be a major thring to 2 seater those buggies, as the occupants will be outside the rollcage  unless that is widened as well. I suspect I do know the seller, though

I still have that 2-seater frame here if you want a project for kids, price starts from FREE to a small donation, depending on what stays in it. will be in the scrapbin  quite soon, otherwise.