Taupo Trackday (full track) Friday 2nd September

I'm heading to a Taupo trackday, full track on Friday September 2nd...
Only $150 for a full day of hooning around! 
Generally only 25-30 cars total, so the tracktime you get is HEAPS compared to any other event I've ever been to.

Anyone else keen to come along? Would be cool to have some other OS peeps there.

See link below for details, you just need a car with wof/reg, overalls, and a helmet. 

It's not a drift day though.

If your car lacks wof/reg because it's a dedicated track car or whatever, not necessarily an issue but just need to discuss with the guy running the event. (It's generally fine) 

http://www.gpforums....s-all-booked-in

My old man is gonna bring his JZX90 down for a hoon around as well.

Get amongst it! 

• Like 2

That's a given! 

Myself and Dad are both heading down from Auckland, most likely in two seperate cars (Carina + JZX90) 

Not exactly sure on our plans but you're welcome to tag along with us if you can knock off work early on the Thursday. (Leaving akl about 3pm)

But not sure if I'll stay for a few days or drive back up (or catch bus home again lel)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah gutted! 

Good news though is that now that Playday on Track has been booted from Hampton.

They are running a HEAP of events down at Taupo. 

Once or twice a month sort of deal. 

Which is awesome as previously it's always been hard to try and find trackdays there.

A lot of that group of people are instead heading to the trackday on the 19th September:

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/511742-Taupo-monday-19th-september

I'm still considering heading down. 

Have you driven on the track before Scrubb? 

Yeah gutted! 

Good news though is that now that Playday on Track has been booted from Hampton.

They are running a HEAP of events down at Taupo. 

Once or twice a month sort of deal. 

Which is awesome as previously it's always been hard to try and find trackdays there.

A lot of that group of people are instead heading to the trackday on the 19th September:

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/511742-Taupo-monday-19th-september

I'm still considering heading down. 

Have you driven on the track before Scrubb? 

Yup, I did a trackday there a LONG time ago with the OS peeps in my old Yellow EX. My dad and I are keen for me to have a go in his one of these.

Could be fun, but Monday is most likely out for me as I've used all my leave up at work, haha