RWD mazda 626 suspension

oldrx7

Anyone on here had experience with shocks and bushes etc for a mazda 626?  I'm getting some springs made up so no need for those.

Any part numbers from other makes & models match the dimensions as a shorter shock?  Could save me some machining costs if there is.

Also finding pitman arm / idler arms , front bushes etc is proving to be a bit tricky.

Anyone in the trade and doesn't mind searching around that'd be sweet.

Would rather get all the parts from one place in one order, rather than 3-4 different part suppliers if possible

Sorry I don't have a direct line contact myself, but I've found calling the likes of Autolign or Stocks direct usually yields good results - those guys are often times the distributors for a lot of the big brands and know where to find stuff if not. They'll also be able to advise on a shorter shock for you - all the shock manufacturer books have the dimensions listed.

• Like 1

Anyone on here had experience with shocks and bushes etc for a mazda 626?  I'm getting some springs made up so no need for those.

Any part numbers from other makes & models match the dimensions as a shorter shock?  Could save me some machining costs if there is.

Also finding pitman arm / idler arms , front bushes etc is proving to be a bit tricky.

Would rather get all the parts from one place in one order, rather than 3-4 different part suppliers if possible

for some reason i think early rx7 front stuff bolts into these(like 323s etc) and seem a good amount lower

• Like 1

for some reason i think early rx7 front stuff bolts into these(like 323s etc) and seem a good amount lower

Yeh but rx7 struts mess with camber etc ... well they sure do in 323's and then you end up spending $300-400 on camber plates etc that I don't really want to be bothered with.

Sorry I don't have a direct line contact myself, but I've found calling the likes of Autolign or Stocks direct usually yields good results - those guys are often times the distributors for a lot of the big brands and know where to find stuff if not. They'll also be able to advise on a shorter shock for you - all the shock manufacturer books have the dimensions listed.

I've always dealt with Autolign in mt wellington in the past but they've only got the shocks and a couple of bushes.  Plus the price was quite high too, i've got the quote from them as an option, but just thought I'd check on here and see if someone has some hook ups too  :)

RWD 626's are solid diff aren't they?

I remember pulling some air shocks out of one to replace the fucked shocks in the rear of my datsun 180b.

My 180b sat at normal height with no air in them but went quite high when pumped up.  So datsun 180b one's must be shorter, same mount type.

Btw my 180b was a 75, early shape with independent rear end.

• Like 1