4g63 SOHC Turbo Narrow block into lb lancer

fengqiu

Hi, I'm currently looking at a 4G63 SOHC narrow block, specifically this one http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1042187751 .

Was wondering (for all you 4g63 gurus out there) how hard it is getting it into my lancer lb, and following that will I have additional upgrade options?

Or would it just be waaaay better to go straight for 4g63(t) dohc? but from reading around it seems way hard with all the custom stuff I need to make

Thanks for the help

Adam

Its a bolt in job for non turbo engines from memory, fwd turbo engine will have starter/flywheel offset differences if I recall correctly.

Obviously turbo engine will require exhaust and fuel system mods also, DOHC engine requires a lot more custom mods for water flow and fitment.

Additional upgrades usually start with tco5/6 hybrid turbo or VR4 TD05 and intercooler then multi point injection manifold from L300 or Hyundais and stand alone computer.

Its a bolt in job for non turbo engines from memory, fwd turbo engine will have starter/flywheel offset differences if I recall correctly.

Obviously turbo engine will require exhaust and fuel system mods also, DOHC engine requires a lot more custom mods for water flow and fitment.

Additional upgrades usually start with tco5/6 hybrid turbo or VR4 TD05 and intercooler then multi point injection manifold from L300 or Hyundais and stand alone computer.

Thanks Ranter! that's really good information was wandering about the starter/flywheel offset differences, How would I go about correcting this?

I'll give that a go, thanks h4nd :)

By using a RWD 6 bolt flywheel from any 4G6* powered RWD vehicle

ahh, okay, thanks Damien, should I try to get an old one or are there new ones readily available too?

Cough... twin cam..... sure its in a mazda but a sweet result v.s the SOHC option...

20140829_162229_zpso6i78ikj.jpg

20140629_171453_zpsef3c6caa.jpg

20140629_171515_zps27432f18.jpg

20150427_115311_zpsa4ymrocf.jpg

you have no idea how much I want to man.. but unfortunately, I feel like I'ld be out of my depth doing that with all the extra mods :(

• Like 1