custom subframes suspension geometry drawings - Christchurch

jaserules

I have some subframes for a project im building and ive decided to see if I can get it road legal through the lvvta , I am wanting someone who may be interested in drawing up the frame and suspension components so I can present to the board .  I am not sure where you would go for this currently but thought I would try here . if anyone has any ideas or wants to have a look and come up with a price that would be great . I can give lots of photos and measurements to anyone else nationally that may want to take it on if need be 

Any help or info appreciated 

I've just done this for a friend. Is a bit of a pain in the arse getting it approved. They don't want it to be used as a one-off approval for each person but more for companies making kits for cars/bringing stuff in for popular models.

Talk to your friendly certifier. There are different levels of certifiers too so make sure you find out who does scratch builds in your area and talk to them.

I'll find the requirements for the drawings and out some pics up. They can be drawn on paper (don't need to be CAD necessary but does make it nicer)

• Like 1

My toes are tough. Doesn't bother me if you want to check it out too NickJ

I've done so many parts now from scratch i'm keen to go the other way around, also a chance to check out this side of the cert process

Do they require any calculations to back up material choice/ justify geometry?

Yeah they require material details and thickness reports along with engineers reports for anything not made out of the suggested material sizes.

Also they require a as-installed bumpsteer report from wheel alignment machine through full travel. Can't have anymore than 10mm total bump over the travel of the shock.

Also needs to detail steering rack dimensions and position

• Like 1

Yeah they require material details and thickness reports along with engineers reports for anything not made out of the suggested material sizes.

Also they require a as-installed bumpsteer report from wheel alignment machine through full travel. Can't have anymore than 10mm total bump over the travel of the shock.

Also needs to detail steering rack dimensions and position

Sounds like a good challenge haha