Manawatu Weekend cruise.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was bloody grouse you jokers. Cheers for coming along! especially those from Welly. KK and Sherie, Niki and CDL, Paul and his mate whom I can't recall the name of. Awesome! 

Not pictured is waggy's chuvit that had a rock through the windscreen within a few km from the start, and peedubz whom was already at the pub when we got there (shot down through rangiwahia to meet us on his way down from Auckland this morning) 

Apiti%2006-12-2015_zpssdjuabw3.jpg

12346842_10154052749605348_1672633794_n.

12355099_10154052749555348_681437513_n.j

next one I'll try have a bit more of a fun aspect. chur!

• Like 1

I do not understand how a gt6 could not keep up with my turd rx30 Cressida.

spirited driving, fucking glad I didn't take my kombie on this one lol

was good to bring back memories of rangi woods nats from past.

totally keen for another rangi woods nats to be honest

well done cam and sons

• Like 5

While I would like better brakes I think 95% of the difference was down to me not the car  :doubt:

• Like 1

was good to bring back memories of rangi woods nats from past.

totally keen for another rangi woods nats to be honest

well done cam and sons

heh, weirdly enough it was pretty much only a trot for the 205, with a few spots of minerals here and there too. It's not fast on a track by any means but give it a bit of road like that and it's amazingly casual to drive quickly. 

I've been thinking of flicking that thing but when you drive it on a road like that it reminds me why I have it in the shed. 

I think I used about $15 of gas for the whole day too. such economy. 

Love that loop road. There's an extension you can do (instead of turning left at the Tee to come into apiti, turn right) which links through to Rangiwahia. Can go through to Mangaweka or back down to Kimbolton. Another great set of roads. 

We did that loop with the french forum a few years ago mid winter. I didn't have a french mobile so took my old man's 1000cc mini and was working seriously hard to keep the pack at a fun pace (I was leading). We were driving amongst snow lined roads and all. So awesome!

Glad all you jokers enjoyed. I'm not good at organising stuff, and I don't always catch up with everyone that comes along but I really love showing people around the backroads of my home region. There's some damn good roads, beautiful scenery and great 'left to rot' sights to be seen on plenty of backroads. 

I'll start planning the next one now :)

• Like 5

Well done Cam, it was well worth the effort to make an early start from Auckland. I drove that extension that you mentioned above from Mangaweka to get to meet up spot - was an epic road, but just wish that I had my 205 for it as it really is the best car for the twisty stuff - what makes it fun is that it's so easy to hustle along without even really trying. My 306 felt big and heavy in comparison, even though it's not by any means.

• Like 1

heck yes. I could spend days just hooning around the various roads around there!

just flicked an email through to wendy from the apiti pub. i was super impressed with those guys yesterday. 

I told them a group of about ten and they said even though they had that function going on that they'd look after us. i was skeptical, let alone when a whole lot more of you lads turned up than I expected but I reckon they did really well. 

A++ would trade again. 

• Like 4