Front side indicator requirements

SiRge

Hi all,

For a car that didn't come with side facing indicators (Only has forward and back ones), is it going to be a requirements to retrofit ones on there to get it through compliance? 

I know I only need 1 rear facing mirror (Which I may end up getting side ones as well), but I can't remember the requirements for side facing indicators.

Cheers

Geoff

Offending vehicle:

uwh5htdj.nr5.jpg

Just found this part from the WOF standards, but I'm not sure if they're going to ping me for a compliance check.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Lighting_Equipment.pdf

Colour of direction-indicator lamps

2.5(3) When operated, a forward-facing direction-indicator lamp fitted to a low volume vehicle must emit flashing light that is substantially white or amber.

2.5(4) When operated, a rearward-facing direction-indicator lamp fitted to a low volume vehicle must emit flashing light that is substantially red or amber.

2.5(5) When operated, if fitted, a side-facing direction-indicator lamp fitted to a low volume vehicle must emit flashing light that is substantially amber.

The 'if fitted' part interests me.

What you have there are the rules for low volume cert.

Here are the wof rules https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/lighting/direction-indicator-lamps

In NZ you don't need indicator lamps on the side of the vehicle, but if they are fitted (like all modern cars) then they have to work.

• Like 1