Help wanted to fix my garage door.... Sunday.

Hey guys

Im pretty keen to get my garage door sorted.

Basic run down is that one of the cables has popped off the roller drum thing, So I need probably the help of two people,

One to turn the spring loaded bar to get some slack in the cables to be able to refit them, and one to hold the other end that is still attached correctly to make sure it doesn't pop off when the slack is off.

looking for say mid day sunday, like between 11 and 12.

Can buy lunch as payment.

And if anyone happens to have a length of 3/8 bar I could use to jam in the hole of the spring torque thingy might also be helpful, but probabaly not likely.

so yeah, feel free to pm or text me or whatever, but yeah any help would be magical. can change time if suits other people.

your seedy pal

What position and state is it in atm? Ive been fixing doors for 20years.

If its part way open, and no wheels out of tracks, then you need to lift the door fully open, reach through the gap and wind the cable back onto the drum, then you should be able to close the door.  Hold the door open with a block of wood between bottom of door and lintel or use the motor to hold it fully open.

If you have tried to close the door, it usually makes it way worse, tracks bend, wheels come out.  

Then you need to wind some more tension on the springs, one at a time.  You can use reinforcing rod with the ends ground a little to fit them in the spring plugs.  Use 2 bars, put one bar in and hold it while you undo the locking bolts, then wind maybe 2 or 3 1/4 turns and tighten the bolts, check tension.  Ideally it should just stay shut, be neutral in most of its travel, and stay around 100 from fully open under its own weight, and the cables shouldnt go slack when the motor pulls it right back.

Any more Q's feel free to ask