EFI issues Nissan VQ25DD. HELP.

Frosty

Thanks guys.

Japawagons, I'm in Taranaki and thanks for your input it helps more than you know.

Not a miss, it just cuts out. The miss was a bad coil.

Will not reproduce with out load on the engine.

Symptom is the same hot or cold and after clearing the ECU and is now constant, not getting worse.

Not the pedal sensor, been checked.

ECU has been cleared twice and the Swirl control valve fault is now gone. It was blocked.

MAF fault is the only one that logs now, replacing it made no differance. Thanks for the correction on the bits I had wrong, air pressure is the same as barometric pressure however, just diferent words for the same thing.

In tank filter was checked when the lift pump was done.

Cam chain not he problem for two reasons, CAS (cam) checks on the VQ engines and CEL comes on, ran perfect for 500 km's after the engine was done.

Who do I talk to in New Plymouth/Waitara re Wide band, live check, scope the coils etc?

The Nissan guys here lost interest once replacing the MAF made no change, they did however take $300 of me for thier expertise.

Oh I'm sure they were happy enough to take your money. Pricks.

Air flow meter fault codes are set by being out of range on Power Supply, Reference Earth or signal circuits. Being that its specific to air flow meter its not likely to be the Air Temp.

Is there 5 wires on MAF?

Should have 5 Volts (maybe 12), 0 Volts (no more than 0.5v), and signal. Signal should be low at idle if my memory is right. But not 0v. Increasing with airflow.

If you clear the code, does it come straight back without the engine being run. Or does it only reoccur when it cuts.

(Under stand you might not know)

Unplugging the MAF is a pointless exercise. Doesn't tell you anything.

After the ECU is cleared you get one start, second start the CEL is back up, it does this every time regardless if the fault is triggered or not.

MAF is 5 wire with temp sensor, I will get the multi meter on it and see where the voltages are at, only checked for continuity.

SeedyAl's take the petrol cap of actualy helped and the pump has been replaced, this could also indercate a low voltage at the pump as well....... Will check in the next few days.

Low voltages in the system, if I find that's the trend could be earth related, I have double checked this but the earth system is so complex a simple lead directly from the engine to the battery and from the pump to the body might sort it? Maybe?

Only mentioned the unpluged MAF because I was asked if anything affects the problem and it did for the worse which tells me the MAF signal is affecting the fuel/spark map to some degree.

Not slow, Just over medicated. Lol.

Not slow, Just over medicated. I should get that on a bumper sticker.

One other fault in the car which my be related is when the stereo is muted there's bad feed back, a blowen cap somewhere in the system?

Haha...

All good, it certainly sounds like a complex issue...

The MAF should be on a reference earth circuit so check the ECU earths for that...

If you don't make any progress in the coming weeks, I'm happy enough to pack a car with some of my diagnostic gear and head down south, taranakis not that far for me.

The fuel system is so simple.

Only one fuel line out of the tank with an in tank pump and filter foot going directly to the Direct Injection pump, one fuel pressure sensor (appears to be on the high pressure side of the pump) and two high pressure lines to the injectors (one on each side of v) and no return at all.

Evap system is also simple, one idle up type valve connecting a small line from the inlet after the throttle body to the tank.

That's it. Two lines to hook up and that's the fuel and evap done.

Im +1 on the timing chain issue - one garage i go two has done 2 sets on two of these v6's one had 100kms on it the other a little more, one had a few sensors etc replaced beforehand but was just $$ down the toilet.

Both ran mint after chain job, i saw one with the covers off and looks like a nightmare.

Swap out for VG30DE 300ZX engine i reckon lol

Chains aren't actually too bad to replace. Have done a set on a VQ35 Elgrand.

They set Camshaft Position range / performance fault codes and are gutless don't really miss fire or cut.

The codes are the reason people waste time and money replacing the sensors.

• 4 years later...