Boost gauge install for a diesel

Mr.Mk1

So my LD28 appears to be too old for online tutorials on installing a boost + pressure gauge. And the instructions with the gauge were referencing things I don't have eg. throttle body.

What I'm asking you chaps is where should I be stealing my feeds from?

Fairly certain it's Nissan T3 turbo, oil only..

Anywhere post turbo should be fine. Iv installed one on a hilux before and it jumped around alot when not on boost im guessing because of the lack of  throttle body and read up that installing a vacuum chamber or similar inline to dampen the signal can help

yeah chuck a fuel filter inline with it if it's bouncey. 

put it on the crossover pipe between turbo and inlet manifold (you prolly don't have an intercooler) or anywhere you can chuck a brass fitting. on the td27t i had, i was able to screw a 1/4npt fitting into the place where the EGR throttle pot got it's feed from, although you wont have that probably!

if you're the man, get one that starts at zero/doesn't have a vac side coz you're not gonna see vaccum in all likelyhood. 

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/gauges/auction-874404582.htm

• Like 1

not really. jsut means you want your boost gauge to run off the manifold side of the intercooler so you know what's going in rather than pre any boost drop the intercooler may give. 

only need an intercooler if you want to chooch more than 15psi

run an EGT gauge to tune off also. more boost = cooler EGTs to a point