Starfire! VK Commodore with Starfire Power

Threeonthetree

Got a near new turbo sitting on shelf here that may be ideal bought to turbo my 2 litre triumph engine it's from a diesel vw touareg internal wastegate To will keep plumbing simple. Had a few holdens myself a star fire vk and another I dropped a vn v6 into which is another option you could look at too a v6 vk with a big single turbo isn't common yet...... or expensive to build.

• Like 1

Got a near new turbo sitting on shelf here that may be ideal bought to turbo my 2 litre triumph engine it's from a diesel vw touareg internal wastegate To will keep plumbing simple. Had a few holdens myself a star fire vk and another I dropped a vn v6 into which is another option you could look at too a v6 vk with a big single turbo isn't common yet...... or expensive to build.

There was/is an early Commodore on Trademe with a turbo V6 and I agree with it being another option.

It made some pretty impressive figures for essentially a standard engine with a turbo bolted on. Plus 3.8 V6 engines can be had for cheap but costs can quickly spiral when it comes to auto and manual motors due to them using a different crankshaft.

4 stage auto with a shift kit and a b&m shifter are awesome fun my v6 vk was such a handful you needed both hands on wheel anyway. A turbo starfire though has quirky appeal front mount a toyota blower too and go for a big turbo mounted under the factory radiator shroud could be a real sleeper.

DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE ELSE ON HERE.

IM EXPECTING TO SEE A TURBOCHARGED STARFIRE.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you do.  I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very short time. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you turbocharge that starfire, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if put any other motor into this car, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will remove it and reinstall a starfire."

Hi, Im Thomas. My VK was a starfire powered example, but i regretfully pulled it out and replaced it with a RB30e. I sort of miss it being starfire powered and actually was thinking about turboing back when it was in it. but now its just sitting in my garage.

YES I HAVE A THING FOR STARFIRES OKAY.

fowles%20auctions%20001.preview.jpg

Would be super awesome to hear hectik dose noises and have people be like is that rb30et? and you like nah.... its better......

TURBO STARFIRE

ZOOOOOOTUTUTUTUTU

• Like 8

haha yea bro i was trying to suss out a blow through setup, but the prices are TOO DAMN HIGH, i did a little research and found one that had a 202 EFI manifold which had be shortened and had a sc14 supercharger, now i guess im in a market for a 202 EFI manifold,  see one on trade me but its a complete 202 :/ might ask the part guys at work or something, need to find the measurements between the ports of the 202 vs the starfire!!! ohwell i guess it will keep me busy

this means no crappy varajet carb or having to fork out mega bucks for a annular carb kit :D, oh and dont worry it will be turboed and it will dose like a mofo!!!

• Like 1

i was thinking suck through as I thought it may have been easier.

My plan was custom exhaust manifold and to use a SU carb as they can be mounted sideways and then just a feed off the bottom through turbo and from turbo straight into factory inlet manifold

my uncle made one back in his day which was suck through, h put 202 pistons in and made a custom manifold, kept the old varajet and bolted a massive turbo on it, im not sure if you could dose a suck through setup though, ill have to go around and get some pics for ya if ya want