9" 2 rears wanting to use tube

Matteybean

I've sourced some 13" widespread tyre tubes for my 185/55/r14 on my 9" bbs superstars ..

mega tyres in browns bay do em for 15.50 each anyone delt with them ? They don't do heavy duty just standard duty . Will shitloads of tel powder will these be suitable ? Just had lips polished n centre's powder coated not keen on mish of splitting/re sealing them every time I need too. Hence the reason for tubes

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

You want to use chalk powder (unsure if that's the same as tel powder?).

Best way to apply it is to put the powder on the tube and then rub it around to give it a nice even coat, having too much inside the tyre will have a negative effect.  All you're trying to do is decrease the friction between tube and tyre/wheel to help it with seating.

Before you fit them, check for any tags inside the tyre, and make sure you peel the plastic layer off them if they have them.  Some tyres do, some tyres don't, but if they're there, they will wear through the tube.

When you're inflating, you need to pump them up, then let them down and pump them up again, this will help the tube distribute evenly inside the tyre.

I am interested in these widespread tubes, any chance you can find out what the size is?  I've never heard of them before.

• Like 1

Yup didn't use too much got em all together n pumped them up to 35 psi then de flatted again ..

I thought pumping em up would stretch tire on to bead .. but it didn't lol .

What's the procedure in popping onto bead using hairspray or lynx ?? Deflatte tire n spray lynx in around tire n set alight then pump up tire ?

This is how they sit.

IMG-1426487568036-V_zps9w98qifp.jpg

IMG-1426487579751-V_zpsx8uwbiyn.jpg

Can't do the lynx/hair spray thing with tubes.  It'll blow the tube to pieces.  Has it got any bead lube on it?  That'll make a huge difference.  I'm also wondering if the tubes are at a point where they won't stretch sideways anymore without blowing to pieces.

You may also find that being 185's, they may not be able to stretch any further.

• Like 1

Yeah I got some good medlube in the van damn why didn't I think of lube lol I did telcom powder the rim tho n tire

Edit: these tyres were on these rims so I no they fit .. but had a leak so got em stripped dipped powdercoated n lips polished but running tubes now

• Like 1

Update . Cheers all for info . Im not sure why my mind didn't think of lube but it didn't .. Anyway it worked well. I had to pump up to 44 psi which was tyre max psi to get it to move .

Here's some pics .

I do have 4 orginal ssr superstars Centre caps but will be getting 4 new centre's painted to suit with new stickers .

20150317_164140_zpsj1rs5rcm.jpg

20150317_164147_zpsg0dwgllq.jpg

20150317_164202_zpsmbdxlqe9.jpg

20150317_164209_zpsmc93siuk.jpg

... now that being said I've checked the gaps for consistency and all are ok but one.

The inside lip one the tyre almost isn't sitting square well atleast the tyre is on the piss by about 10 mm to the lip here's some pics to explain more.

Will this pop itself over 10mm when on car or should I deflate lube up that side then pump back up ?

See the gap here is 10mm different with the tyre spun 180°

20150317_164429_zpsdgnbm2el.jpg

Here's rubber almost touching this is the same for the others .

20150317_164439_zpszafdmmzi.jpg

What do u guys reckon ?