WTBorrow: wideband, AKL

0R10N

Hi Aucklanders

Have upgraded the injectors in the track car as part of the engine refresh, and need to do some fine adjustment of the fuel tables upon initial startup and on light to medium cruise (before any serious tuning is done).

Just wondering if anyone has a wideband I could utilize for a weekend to get it running right? I don't foresee myself needing it beyond one day, but you never know.

Also if anyone has a spare pair of hands to lend one Saturday I would appreciate some help in getting a few final tasks sorted on the car, but that's no biggie if not.

Cheers.

I need to be able to start, idle and drive the car without bore washing (or alternately leaning) the hell out of it initially. Much easier to get it right with the wideband instead of plugging in values blindly hoping they will work.

And then it has to be driven to wherever it's being tuned, probably Hamilton.

I'm going to suggest just scaling the fuel tables linearly based on the new-old injector sizes. Assume dead times will remain the same. It should be fine for initial running.

Having said that I have a LC1 that you can buy/borrow if you want?

If I could borrow it for a day or two that would be grand! Purchase of it may happen further on down the track.

We did some scaling guesswork with the other TX3 when I upgraded from 390cc to 510cc injectors, but for some reason it wasn't all that accurate and the car ran far too rough until I did manage to get hold of a wideband. I'm loath to make that same mistake again.

• 2 months later...