Clutch master squirting fluid

dave123456789

just replace the whole unit master cylinder, depending on what car its for and availability...

if not then sort the seals out, flush the whole system (brakleen) and put new fluid in at least. also having that fluid going everywhere its a paint stripper so once its sorted make sure you deal to the places its stripped, 

if its not the master cylinder then check the hose, down to the slave. You'll have new stuff sorted for under a hundy buck.

Pretty hard to replace will probably have to send it away to be rekitted. It's for the prince b200. Fluid is nice and clean and it's been bleed as well as it can be bled. Can see from master to slave and all hard and soft lines look good

Could it be something to do with the clutch I installed? Don't think it ever used to do this but last time clutch pedal was used was over a year ago

old gm stuff does the same things with the brake masters. The first time it happened to me i was pumping the pedal to bleed the system and didnt have the cap on, though it was fucked but turns out theyre ment to.

Is it possible yours is the same? does the cap have/used to have a rubber seal on it to stop it leaking? or just a regular cap? 

• Like 1

old gm stuff does the same things with the brake masters. The first time it happened to me i was pumping the pedal to bleed the system and didnt have the cap on, though it was fucked but turns out theyre ment to.

Is it possible yours is the same? does the cap have/used to have a rubber seal on it to stop it leaking? or just a regular cap?

It's just a brass looking cap with a breather hole in the top. There is some rubber buffer thing under it but they look pretty haggard but have always been this shitty.

I have no idea if is suppose to it not.

With the cap on does it spray out?

If it doesn't then don't worry, sometimes master cylinders will do that.

It's doesn't squirt but the top of the cap gets wet and fluid does need to be topped up. Car isn't on the road so it's just garage testing. Ill swap the brake master cap with clutch and see if it makes a difference because they are identical but brake cap is in better nick.

This will probably sound a bit rough but if I chucked some glad wrap under the cap and poked a couple of holes in the outside edges so it could still breathe be all good?

Check the master for a leak from inside the cabin where the shaft goes through the firewall.

I fell pretty sure you will find fluid running down the inside of the firewall.

If it's only just started you may not see any but there's a rubber boot on the inside end of master cylinder, Pull it of and check for fluid.

Good luck.

Umm if its the clutch master doing this then its the fluid returning from the slave back up to the master. i dunno the size of the clutch master but when bleeding brakes the return fluid can break the surface.

id suggest checking the cap itself tbh, is there fluid covering the return? how much? just weird it has enough force to spray everywhere.

*edit* just read your reply to KK's post .
yeah that cap is knackered by the sounds. if there is anything we know about anything its if there any way at all it can get out , it will.

Giz a picture of your one and we can suggest - but if your problem is sealing then you don't want a fuck up by putting on a badly fitting metal cap just because you can't handle plastic.

Remember brake fluid is hydroscopic so a badly fitting cap will just give you a world of hurt.  (a bad brake pedal and rusty master/slave cylinder sleeves is just the beginning)

If fluid is getting out - then sure as hell then moisture is getting back in.

(In my mind you could probably fit a plastic cap and machine up a nice fitting metal cover - if you were so inclined)

• Like 1

Alright guys I have Sterling Clutch and Brake repairing all my goods but even they said they don't have a cap to match which makes this all rather annoying as I cant put that rusty piece of shit back on it and just fuck all my shit up again.

I don't even know where to start to find a cap? The reservoir is 30mm in diameter.

Looks like a fairly typical Datsun cap. I would match one off a more common car (like Datsun Sunny, 1200 etc) and then go order one from Nissan.

Alternatively, it sounds weird, but I would try some forklift places that service Nissan forklifts. They have all kinds of weird bits like this in stock.