how to fit recaro fishnets to KP60 seat rails???

Dcore

can some one please shed some light on how i would mount these recaros to my kp60 seat rails? or maybe there is a couple different styles of seat rails from the kp range? or better rails to suit? I just cant see a simple solution to mounting them to the rails i have in my starlet, any tips would be appreciated 

in some forums on the internet people are saying its as easy as drilling two holes in the sliders, but on my starlet rails you could do that on one side but the other side the slider is the actual frame work of the seat, just wondering is there other starlet rails that consist of two flat sliders?

it doesn't  need cert for a seat change, if you use the original seat mounts and the seatbelt uses the origonal mounts . and also the seat must be able to adjust seat forwards and back for wof

you do need a cert if

*your seat belt buckle ataches to the seat and you have had to modify it to fit your new  seats,

*or if you make new mounting points in your car for your seat

to mount them you need to cut off your old seat rails, then you need some 5mm steel and you need to weld these across from one rail to the next, drill holes in said steel and bolt through the steel into the aftermarket seat. '

by doing it this way you keep your factory rails ( also have to be adjustable for wof) , factory seat anchor points and factory seatbelt anchor points keeping you all legal

it is easy as fuck , you need a welder and some steel and a bit of know how . and your old seat will go in the bin cause they have no rails and you cant easily undo what you have just done

• Like 1

that's great news for you cause I have done the seat conversion into a ta63 carina and  corona and I did them the same way.

on each rail there is a roller / lower half and a channel section, the top channel section has 2 or 3 spots where tis either pined/riveted or welded, I cant remember correctly but I know its anchored and needs attacking with a grinder. you grind them off and the lower half of the rail comes away with the roller /channel / forwards and backwards and lock mechanism

next you need to get some steel ,something like 5 x 50 is nice to use. drill holes and attach them to your new seats with bolts and washers. throw the  rails in the car,  and sit the seat on the rails vice grip them in or what ever , test out fitment . sometimes depending on the seat you have you may have to prop up or angle the base of the seat with steel. once you have found the right height and position for you , weld it all up. bit of paint and your done.

they are easy enough if you try separate the lower half as it has everything that you need .  

Weld without cert? I don't think so Tim.

• the seat is either an unmodified OE seat from another vehicle or of a known and reputable aftermarket brand, and

– the seat is fitted to unmodified OE seat anchorages, and

– the seatbelt anchorage or operation is not affected, and

– the seat components (including brackets, runners and rails) are compatible with each other, ie they are either OE components from a production vehicle or of a known and reputable aftermarket brand, and are not fitted together by welding, and

– the relationship between seat, seat occupant, front airbag and location of the seatbelt anchorages is not affected.

That says to me that you can't just weld up your own adaptors. With good reason too, anyone can bird shit metal together with no strength what so ever. Just how I read it mind you.