Stuffed battery? AE85 winking lights.

Sambo

Just drove the AE85 home and there's a new issue.

The flip up headlights keep going up and down whether the lights are on or not and whether the car is running or not. I.e. I just left the car after driving home, ign off, lights off, headlights winking. When the lights were switched on, the beams worked but kept winking.

The battery is definitely poked, it doesn't hold much charge, but is it causing this issue?

Yeah, I will be changing it. I won't be able to do that until after the weekend though and I was hoping to have a crack at sorting it first if it's not. 

So you don't think the battery is causing it? It's only started happening in the last couple of days, that I know of. It appears to have happened spontaneously though, like just out of the blue I came in and the battery was dead flat with a headlight up when it had been holding a bit of charge before that.

Time to disconnect the battery. It's still winking 2 hours later.

Maybe my battery isn't actually buggered and this has been draining it every time I go away. If I can save battery money I can afford to pay someone to fix it for me  :-D