Replacing fusable link after battery relocation.

datto_610

I've relocated my battery to the boot and I'm wondering what to replace the fusable link with. At the moment for my car to actually run I have the two wires twisted together and taped up(not ideal) so was looking at the Narva website and came across something like this. 

http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/high-amp-automatic

Would that suffice also what sort of amperage would I be needing?

Apologise if my question doesn't have enough info.

I'm not sure what draw you'll get. But I personally wouldn't want an automatically resetting unit. If it trips, i'd be wanting to check what's wrong before it resets and powers it again.

Yeah there was also a manual reset one like the one jakesae101 posted. Thanks do you think 100A would be the go?

get a power feed from a bmw wrecker they have a fusible link from factory.as part of the cable . and they typically put the battery in the boot too. so its a win win

normal starter motor will draw well over 100 amps. hence fusible links are used not fuses or circuit barkers.

all depending on your engine, but some starters can draw upwards of 500 amps on a cold start. diesels can be even higher