Dellorto carb question (one side white)

burrowssj

So I was doing a service on the crossflow today and I took off the air filter and noticed one side of the carb was dry(starting to go white) while the other was wet with an almost oily residue on on it. Does this mean I have a blockage ? ATM I'm driving it daily so really don't wanna leave it like this if theres a problem

It's a 1600 crossflow running a single side draught dellorto 

^this. Bloody things are seemingly forever in need of a tutu.

Is #3 plug oily (engine :( ) or carbon (rich :) )?

I assume 1 & 3 are fed from the same barrel or it it a plenum/shared job? if the former #1 plug should be in similar state?

If its just the one plug it may be #3 valve not sealing properly and blowing oily crud back up the manifold?

What about pcv valve? It may be puffing oily crankcase fumes just at that side.

It may be that the white one is the problem and is running lean due to a blocked jet or summat.

In any case a clean out and reset floats and idle/balance cant be a bad thing.

I expect Bigmatt is onto it. Your float bowl setting is too high or your float valve is kaput (or you have too much fuel pressure).

The other possibility is a lack of vacuum on one of the cylinders fed by the rear 'throat'. First check your float setting, and next check compressions.