bugn8r's 1977 Vauxhall Chevette discussion

bugn8r

2 Door Sedan, Nice man. Did you check out the Gm/T Forum? 

King Springs by far handle the nicest out of the lot, Cobra's will bring them down the same but are quite a firm ride - still better than cutting them Though.

When its lower you really need to put shorter shocks in the rear to keep them captive- the simplist way is to put new 'front' shocks into the rear. Bolt straight in. Gemini/Piazza Will do. For the Fronts I Put some Fiat ones in, although its been awhile and I cant quite remember exactly which model they're from. 

If you want to do it properly I can supply springs, Shocks through work, whether you want to fit them or want a hand to fit them as well.

Otherwise for the Cheap cut the coils 1&1/2 will get it sitting above the guard with stock tyres. 

On that note I can see you've got some old ass Dunlops on there, I would put money on them being the original tyres for the car, will handle like plastic in the wet - probably best to put some new tyres on. 

Are you in Chch? 

Like I said I've got a Chevette Sedan, and Gemini wagon, been mucking around with them for awhile now. 

I reckon I'll sign up to it tonight, cheers for the link.

As for the springs/shocks what sort of price would I be looking at?

Thanks heaps by the way, would be keen as on a hand to fit them as I've only ever replaced shocks on my beetle which is extremely simple. Yea the cars in Christchurch and I'll be back there mid November so work would happen around then.

If you don't want to post a price on here just pm me, thanks heaps man.

I would love to do it properly but we will have to see the price haha.

Also shocks that are in there at the moment are like new so just replacing the rear ones to front ones would be the go.