Wanted Summer House Painters - Wellington

KKtrips

I'm just checking the costs and how much I'm going to need to top up from the mortgage to get this done so not sure if it will be this summer or next.

But I'm just testing the waters to see if there is anyone (suit student or similar?) that is keen for some over the summer work prepping and painting my house?

Prefer someone that has some experience painting a house - I'm not asking for years of experience - just someone who has learnt the techniques for painting a house and will cover the whole house without spilling paint on my cats. :D

Not keen on someone who will start the job then piss off mid morning because the day is too good to pass up and get smashed then not turn up for 2 or 3 days of prime painting weather.

Cash paid daily or weekly if you prefer and if you have a mate that wants to join in and make the day a bit more pleasant then all good - will pay them too.

The house is not that big so it's not a full summer job but perhaps you want to make some coin leading up to New Years and have nothing to do from end of Uni till you go home for Christmas.

I will get the whole house OSH compliant scaffolded up and supply the paint and brushes etc.

Who knows - this may kick off a few people keen for something similar and you may get a couple of months worth of weekends work out of it.

Lemme know people.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bit of a weird shaped house with the top story smaller than the bottom story but it's also quite small. I've had a quote of about $3500 I think it was. Plus a weekly charge to rent the scaffold at about $200 and a monthly OSH inspection of $80.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am keen as to have a look at your painting job. I was a painter/decorator for 10 years so know what I'm doing. I have my own tools, brushes etc so no need to worry about that stuff. Give me a call to discuss if possible. Thanks, Q. 021 190 9867

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Going to kick this thread back off again. 

FYI - I don't think I saw the reply above until now, so I will ring Mr HJQ tonight, but if no joy from him is there anyone willing to take on the job now it is definitely happening.

I have now finalised and paid deposits for the scaffolding and re-roofing to get started in September so it is a done deal.

I am after someone to paint the house, either in the weekends or during the week doesn't matter to me. I don't think it requires someone there 40 hours a week (unless you want to and there is enough work to warrant it) 

But as per my first post I'm not wanting someone who pisses off at the first sign of a sweet surf break and miss prime painting opportunities because of it. 

My ideal is to have someone kick off around mid September after the roof is on and the cladding has been started. With it all done and dusted by Labour weekend (obviously the weather has to play it's part and delays for that can't be avoided)  Keen to make arrangements ASAP though, Want to be ready to rock come beginning of September.

The house will be professionally scaffolded and OSH compliant. Can do a fixed price or an hourly rate but can negotiate this once you have seen the job and we can see what is needed to be supplied by either party. 

This is the house here for reference. After the roof is replaced then my builders are going reclad shitty bits of the house in the same material (hardiflex) and the arches are going to be ceremoniously destroyed because YUCK!

20140810_153959_zpsc0812c1f.jpg

To gauge size of the property - I estimate the top story windowed sections each are about 3.5m wide and 1.2m high. (will measure tonight to confirm)