Writing a Disclaimer for rust repairs?

RB30VB

Hey all, I work for a branch of Novus Autoglass and we have started offering to do minor rust repairs for customers around the windscreen aperture and we need to write a small disclaimer basically stating that we cant guarantee that it will stop rust forever blah blah. Does anyone work for a panel beater and if so how do you guys deal with stuff like this? Do you have a disclaimer for rust work? Can anyone give me a sample of there disclaimer or something like that?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Reuben 'singlespinnerwinner' Evans

Novus does not indemnify you, nor accept liability for: incidental damage occurring to your vehicle in the process of repair or as a product of repairs; , damage occur to trim's plastics, and decals which occurs as part of the repair, or as a product of the repair process. Replacement of these will be at your own, or your insurers costs. 

The process of welding work, can result in in hot metal (sparks) damaging the vehicle, causing an unexpected fire,  Novus does not guarantee these events will not occur, and cannot, and thus does not accept responsibility for them. However care will be taken to avoid these events and prevent a fire from spreading. 

if I saw these bits in a disclaimer, it would put me off... 

I've worked for a few places that do rust repairs and I sometimes do rust repairs for people myself, never heard of any one ive worked for using a disclaimer/I havn't and never plan to.

/Just do a good job It wont rust out in a amount of time where it would be fair to argue.

• Like 1

usually the writing is so small it looks like this .. 

1. The company does not indemnify you from the utter arse reaming you will get from us, we will take your soul, your mothers soul, your children's souls, but before we get around to that we are going to fuck you up the arse so damn hard you'll scream "lube, lube, for the love of god lube!"
  2. The process fucking you over may be long and protracted, we will endeavour to do it properly the first time, but if we fail we will make you come back into our offices over and over again, each time there will be no lube. 

Haha

• Like 2

Ahahaha thats fucken classic :D

Thanks for the help, will probably use some of the stuff you have written there... We dont do any welding or anything anyway, its only for minimal shit and we basically just use a rust neutralizer, give it a grind afterwards and then paint it up. So not a lot of risk involved. but just want something that basically says if the rust comes back again well then we tried our best...  unlikely to happen, but still...  you get some nobjockey customers out there.

Thanks for all the help and the laughs :D

• Like 1

• 3 years later...