How to get dash lights off when engines running?

spangleR

How do i get the car to know the engines running? all the lights on the dash stay lit up like you've just turned the key to on. Thinking its something to do with the tach? still haven't got it receiving a signal tho.

Toyota gx61 Mk II, running 1ggeu from supra.

Just remembered I still haven't hooked up the alternator so that could be the problem (face palm). But the loom for the engine was stripped down and sent back to me with 3 wires to get it running. Got most of the sensors that are still there hooked up. had to run another oil gauge, couldn't get either of the original ones to work.

But will try hook the alternator up tomorrow, have to rewire it from an old rectangle 2 pin plug to a circle 3 pin plug.

Thanks guys, probably would have forgotten to wire it up and wondered why I always had a flat battery lol.

• Like 1

Got the rev counter and alternator hooked up but the charge light stays lit, have the sensor from alternator to the cars sensor wire, lamp from alternator to lamp+ignition from car and ignition from alternator to nothing.

regarding the oil gauge issue. the sensor in the new motor will be working on a different scale to the original motor hence not reading on the gauge. Get a new sender and take the one you are currently using into a brass fitting shop. you can generally get fittings to interchange if the don't just screw in to start with.

this should fix your gauge issue with that

Got another sender and had it re threaded as Toyota decided to use a different bit of the scale. Just need to find what wire comes from the dash, along with how the old motor got the water temp.

This is a common fault when doing a 1gge into a gx61. Dont ask me how to fix it though lol

Doesn't help there's almost nothing on the cars/engines around the internet lol. Ryan Fels? as in Eagle Mask jzx61 Ryan Fels? (lets out girlish scream)