16 v itb vacuum plumbing

Thchad

Hi, I'm currently in the process of sorting out the final bits and pieces for my itb conversion and I'm plumbing up all my vacuum lines. I've got a t3 adapter manifold and recently got my hands on a little vacuum manifold which I'm using to run to my brake booster aswell as the map sensor and I'm just starting to sort out idle control. I'm looking at plumbing in an iscv unit from a donor silver top but I'm just curious what vacuum outlets on the itb's I should run the iscv to and if having brake booster and map sensor run from the same vacuum source is ok? Can post pics, any help/advice much appreciated

easiest  way is to  run  vac for your brake booster.   

and

nothing else

tune in tps vs rpm

use the factory itb dashpot thing to crack the throttles  for cold start.    (i lied you will need vac for this)  

edit.  you can use the 2 outside throttle vac nipples.   block the row along the bottom,(t3 adapter mounts them upside down from memory, so top*) as they are on the wrong side of the butterflys 

I've got the vacum fittings that the t3 manifold came with running to a vacum collector manifold with a one way valve to the booster and separate line to the map sensor, I was hoping to use one of the standard vacum lines in the quads but now I'm thinking of drilling and tapping a second hole alongside the standard vacum fittings on the t3 adapter then running hose to the iscv unit, that way I can tune idle with the ecu?

ok, if you are going to tune in map vs rpm,   you will need to mess around trying to get a clean dampened signal.  i would run everything else completely separate to the map sensor.     once you have that all setup.  you will also need  to add tps into the tune.   because you will run out of vacuum somewhere before full throttle.  at this point there will be no change in the map signal.  so you will have to add anymore fuel with tps.  since you have tuned in map&tps vs rpm   your airbypass should work ok. 

but its alot more hassle to setup and more tuning time.

this is why i say run in tps mode. simple, less hassle, easier to tune.  cheaper

i take it this is a na setup.

what ever you like.    if you do run map,  i would run 1 line  from each runner to collector tank for map sensor.    i have ran the outer 2 tee'd together to run brake booster in the past.

Well it's just a rotating actuator so I thought I could tune how much air it flows vs engine temp and or vacum, but really I'm getting real mixed advice and recommendations hence this post. For now I'm thinking just using tps, setting idle manually and try using the dashpot ( throttle damper ) for cold start? Like I said though I've never set up itb's before so I'm learning as I go here haha

isc on map or afm  will work fine,  as its all metered air.     but  tps vs rpm (alpha n)    the only thing the ecu knows is how far open the throttle is open,   so if you were to bypass air around the throttle plate with an isc. engine will run lean.   only way to increase rpm with correct fueling, is to open the throttles

with a g4  tuned in tps vs rpm.   you could use your isc.  and have a dual table that adds fuel when the isc opens.  you will probably need some feedback on the isc map it against.  like a tps 

probably some other ways around it also, i can't think of right now.   but honestly, get it all setup running the tps setup like i said in the first post. get good tune on it, with baro correction on. you will be surprised how well it works.   I run no vac line on the fuel reg on my itb setups. so are tuning against a flat fuel pressure.      

I read that the ISCV was almost impossible to work with a aftermarket ECU. Are you saying i should be able to use it? Im using a Link V5

can't be done with a v5 on itb's.

Oh ok I see, I had a tinker with my setup last night and I've run the two standard vac lines from the outside throttles together into the line for my booster and ill run the four lines from the t3 adapter to a vac tank and feed the map from that. I'm just going to get it going without iscv for now (ill set idle manually cracking the butterfly's a little) then I might look into isc at a later date once I've ironed out any other problems I might come accross. Thanks for the help mate much appreciated