KP/AE86 suspension

nzstato

Ok, this might be out of left field.  But what is the length of the KP lower control arm (pivot) to ball joint and what is the dimension between the chassis rails in the bay.  What are the differences between the KP and AE86 set up and does it lend itself to modification?

i should be able to measure some stuff for you tomorrow, as my starlet is up in the sky at the moment. a gentle reminder maybe required though.

to add to the above. starlet uses cast control arms. so isn't really cut and weld friendly.  like the proper steel ae86 stuff.

the factory starlet stuff can be made to work pretty good, i wouldn't go changing it all to ae86 stuff unless getting pretty serious. but then you'd probably just go to a custom setup anyway.    depends what you want to do with the car too i guess.

i should be able to measure some stuff for you tomorrow, as my starlet is up in the sky at the moment. a gentle reminder maybe required though.

to add to the above. starlet uses cast control arms. so isn't really cut and weld friendly.  like the proper steel ae86 stuff.

the factory starlet stuff can be made to work pretty good, i wouldn't go changing it all to ae86 stuff unless getting pretty serious. but then you'd probably just go to a custom setup anyway.    depends what you want to do with the car too i guess.

Thanks, the distance between struts (tophat to tophat) would also be helpful.

lower arms are 300 from center to center of ball joint at bottom. probably 280 at top as they are on angle

965 ish  to centers of strut towers

didn't measure chassis rails, do you want between the rails or where the arms bolt to x member?