Removing a glued in windscreen

Snoozin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the string stuffs the rubber, then the rubber is well passed it anyway. It will be soft and smooth against the rubber. Much less likely to do damage than metal plates. Here is a guide, though doesn't have a huge amount of photos. From memory, the string goes into the part of the seal that sits around the frame of the car. http://www.classiccar.co.nz/articles/how-to-replace-a-windscreen-183

Removal: feed a length of string between the frame on the inside of the car, and the rubber seal. This will open up the rubber seal by forcing it away from the frame and slightly inwards. Push screen evenly from inside till it pops out. I do the top first, and by the time it's half out you can pull it from outside.

Install: Feed the string into the same part of the rubber seal. Sit the screen on the bottom section of the window frame. You could possibly just have no string along the bottom of the rubber. This would mean you can fully sit the windscreen down into the frame. Then just push the screen in and as you go, guide the seal inside the windscreen hole. Once it's all the way in, start at one side and pull the string out and 'massage' the rubber seal to the correct place on the frame. Continue until all the string is removed and the seal is completely installed.

Damn, I should have just found this first lol 

http://youtu.be/QvcJ_lU_VpQ

Double sided tape , whaaaaattt.

on a urethaned in screen you do use foam tape around the frit band (the black primer stuff around the edge) to stop the glass pushing all of the urethane out and sitting hard on the frame, i think that's more what rustisize was meaning

• Like 1