P_Star's Hendo rust palace

P_Star

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great renno.  and man, total score on the lounge suite - our neighbours had that one in the 70's.  theirs was beige vinyl, dark mahogany timber.  Morgan brand?

No money in re-cladding; if it's sound, just give it a quality repaint.  A heatpump would be the only thing a first home buyer would be looking for when you flick it on.

Kudos!

great renno.  and man, total score on the lounge suite - our neighbours had that one in the 70's.  theirs was beige vinyl, dark mahogany timber.  Morgan brand?

No money in re-cladding; if it's sound, just give it a quality repaint.  A heatpump would be the only thing a first home buyer would be looking for when you flick it on.

Kudos!

Yeah I think it is a Morgan, it's a bit rough in real life but still quite cool haha

Steve, will chuck some pics up this arvo :)

Carport:

Side is now enclosed thanks to a pair of single garage doors stripped of fittings, offset due to lazy and also due to looking way tidier without spending hours pulling to bits, trimming then reassembling... looks sweet anyway

IMG_20130704_135100.jpg

Door needed in front... will basically be a wall but would be nice to be able to open to load big stuff, benches, bikes etc inside when needed... Have another single garage door but it isn't quite wide enough... can try to procure a double door to cut to size just haven't a lot of time to wait for a cheap one to pop up on TM...

MS Paint:

paintdoor.jpg

Alternatives? Main issue is working with pretty much nil budget :/

My 1st choice would be garage door - looks like that what the neighbour has done?

If you were to do as you have suggested, can you hinge on the other side so it swings to that fence without blocking access? /I would probably do barn style doors before one massive one - hanging a garage door like that will probably see it flop around more than your mums titties

Yeah, that would make the most sense but I ain't no builder, would need to frame it up and get a roller (due to bugger all head room for tilt door rails) which I don't have...

Barn style would work and could hang them fairly easily just have to figure out what would be the best (and cheapest) thing to make 'em out of. Plus there is a time constraint being that I need to have all my shit outta the flat in the next couple weeks so can't just sift around and eventually do something haha

Floppy isn't the end of the world as it will seldom be open... will keep pondering

• 1 month later...

Ok, minor update... garage now has a door, hung, swings, latches and errthing... nice.

Also filled it with all my shit which I had to collect from the old flat so currently it looks like a bomb site again.

Trying to score some tall(long?) solid core doors from work to use as bench top so I can get that shit set up along with some shelving...

Anyway, this (before i filled it with junk)

IMG_20130803_174847.jpg

IMG_20130803_174921.jpg

and moderately related... silly trailer i bought which someone (I'm looking at you Chrison8) is gonna have to take a look at to see if it is worth tidying up and registering or if it will just be onsold... New (fucking enormous) lawn ornament

IMG_20130802_144306.jpg

• Like 1

flexes a bit but fuck all really, as in not enough to be worried about. yup... definitely the correct way to swing... even put the thing on upside down (intentionally as that wide was stronger lol)

Looking forward to getting bench up and tools organised... and bikes chopped/reassembled haha

• 2 years later...