4age 45mm dellortoes.

ae85 fiend

So story short, my mechanic fiddled with my twin 45's on my worked 4age when he was pissed. Been running about in it every so often for the last year - maybe 8 or 9 times? for a quick blat. And after we swapped the bodies/ running gear to another coupe we decided it was time to get the dellortoes fixed/ rejetted/ timing all set up/ flat spots all done...

We took it to CSL in New market, paid $820 for him to repair, and he did. But now, it seems that there is a WHOLE LOT less power in the motor? No longer as quick, can not keep up anything slighted worked...

We did get it back from him with the fuel regulator set on 1 ( the rally dudes that built the motor had it previously set to 3 )

We took it for a blat set on 1. No power whatso ever.

Decided it might be due to the regulator being set on 1, so changed it back to 3. Still not as much power as prior and it still seems to be starving of fuel... I'm just wondering what could be wrong? I'm a Law student, and im no way a mechanic. But im thinking he could have buggered up the jets or soemthing?

Should I take it back to him and ask WTF? Or what should I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS. Everything was exactly the same from my previous coupe. Right down to the interior...

Fair enough, I was simply making the point that it isn't mandatory that you tune on a dyno, of course it makes it easier though. I got my Lotus tuned by Palmside in CHCH, they had no issues with it being no wof/no reg hahaha.

Do a plug chop and check the timing then report back.